Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

NY Registry?

931 views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  Malum Prohibitum 
#1 ·
http://www.zwire.com/site/news.cfm?news ... 6363&rfi=6

In the wake of the shootings at Virginia Tech University this past April, New York State Assemblyman Phil Ramos (D-Brentwood) has sponsored a bill that aims to create a "disqualifying information" registry to enhance gun control throughout New York State. Information contained in the registry would be used to prevent mentally ill individuals, or those who are suspected or convicted of a crime, from purchasing or possessing a firearm.
Already passed house.

#2 ·
How would that be legal to deny rights to someone who is "suspected" of a crime?

Here I thought it was innnocent until proven guilty. Go figure.

#3 ·
Why would they worry about that pesky 14th Amendment, just ignore it like the Second.

#4 ·
Hate to sound like a democrat but once the Bush and Co. starting ignoring all our rights in the name of "war on terror" everyone seems think this is acceptable practice.

Yes, I know this is a Democrat who is pushing this new bill. But he is a NY Democrat, so ........

#5 ·
tace said:
Hate to sound like a democrat but once the Bush and Co. starting ignoring all our rights in the name of "war on terror" everyone seems think this is acceptable practice.

Yes, I know this is a Democrat who is pushing this new bill. But he is a NY Democrat, so ........
Although it pains me too, these guys sound very much like Bush, Cheney, Rumsfield, Gonzolas, Rice and the rest... They almost quote the Communist Manifesto to justify they way they're taking our freedoms and these guys are cut from the same cloth. Or, they've been watching press briefings from the White House!

"... "In this country, many times, we have to weigh out individual rights and many times we have to protect public interests," said Ramos. "I believe that it's justified to create a database." Thiele agreed with this statement, adding, "It's a warranted infringement, if it is indeed an infringement."..."

"...if it is indeed an infringement." IF? IF? Did he say "IF"? :bsflag:

Of course it is, but hey! What's one more? After all, we gotta protect the children! . :-({|=

#9 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
AV8R said:
Now that our new house (in Dawsonville) is in our possession, the last thing NY will see at the end of July . . .
Good! Then you will be here in time for this. :wink: Right? :D
I hope so! I am due to come home that weekend. I'm officially released from work at 6am Sundays, but usually get released some time Saturday or Friday afternoon here and there. I'm going to ask for a couple days vacation time in order to make the lunch. I'm hesitant in putting my name on the list until I can confirm that I'll be able to attend. Stay tuned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.