NW Geogia gun dealers

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by albundy, Sep 27, 2006.

1. albundy

albundy New Member

Any recommendations pro or con for a dealer in NW Ga? Have been to a few but low selection and high prices keep me looking.

2. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Not sure how far Northwest you want but here is a few North of Atlanta.

http://www.pannellsfirearms.com/ - Friendly, has an indoor pistol or 22LR range with 6 lanes. Located in Woodstock

http://www.edsguns.com/ - Never been. Located near Canton Hwy and Piedmont

http://www.bargainbarn.com/bargain_barn_updates.html - Located in Jasper. It's a sporting goods store and has a pretty good gun selection. Prices seem a little bit high though.

One edit: the ACE Hardware on 92 near Wade Green sells pistols. Yes, really.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Here's one in Cumming

Bullseye Marksman in Cumming has a retail store and an indoor range.

They have decent prices. Not WalMart super cheap, but very reasonable.

They also have really helpful and friendly people working there. Truly a nice bunch of people.

It's a great place to visit, shoot and buy stuff. I've done all three and plan to be shooting there tomorrow!

http://www.bullseyemarksman.com/home.html

4. brett30030

brett30030 New Member

It maybe a 1-1.5 hours away from you, and i have never bought from them. But i have found that Benton Shooters Supply in Benton, TN had the largest selection of guns that i have ever seen (including the BPS in Atlanta, and the Cabelas in Utah). And they are set-up to allow you to actually browse them without a salesman at your side. I have always been impressed at the set-up. In a perfect world it is what a gun store should be.

5. brett30030

brett30030 New Member

Please elaborate.

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

pretty much correct.

A long gun or shot gun can be purchased in person in another state. A handgun must be purchased in your state or else they must ship the firearm to a FFL in your state who will then run a background check on you before allowing you to take it.
    So in this case the TN FFL that you bought the gun from must ship the gun to a GA FFL that you choose, then you go to the GA FFL, have your NICS paperwork done and pay a handleing fee($15-$30 usually), then you can take home the handgun.

Currently sitting in the House Judiciary committee is HR 1384 is the Firearms Commerce Modernization Act
    http://www.nraila.org/Issues/FactSheets ... spx?ID=199

7. albundy

albundy New Member

Little farther NW in Catoosa, Walker or Dade counties.

Any recommendations in the far NW Ringgold, LaFayette, Trenton areas?

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

9. Erinyes

Erinyes New Member

I like Grants in Dalton, but unless you're looking for a hunting rifle or a 1911, the selection is a little thin. Better than the Gun Trader (nice guys, but no selection and prices through the roof).

10. Jimbo1911fan

Jimbo1911fan New Member

Grants has a large selaction of deer rifles and hunting shotguns, along with a few pistols. Note--The hunting stuff does nothing for me. If you are into 3-Gun and pure Rifle Competion they do carry a very slim selection of Bushmasters. Pistols for sale is decent with a selection of Glocks, Sigs, Colts, Kimbers and SA's. The good news is that if you know what you want, Grants will be happy to order for you.
    Classic Pawn in Chickamauga carries a decent selction of new RRA's, MIA1's and S&W M&P15's. They have a nice section of Glock's, Springfields (1911's and XD's) Colts, along with S&W and Ruger
    Benton Shooters has a great selection of hunting firearms. However, much else in the longgun section. They also have a good selection of pistols. But being GA residents, that doesnt do us any good.

11. albundy

albundy New Member

Chickamauga Pawn

I'll check them out next week. I agree with Erinyes the shop in Ringgold is very expensive and poor selection.

12. Mojoski

Mojoski New Member

C3 Sports in Dallas and Acworth

There is a nice little shop that just opened up near me in Acworth recently called C3 Sports. They have had a site in Dallas for a while, I believe, but they just opened up a new one on 41 in Acworth, just south of Mars Hill Road, in the Kroger shopping center.

The folks in there are real nice and they told me that they were considering opening a range in that area if the shop did well, so get in there and buy something! The prices seem reasonable and you can shop online at the URL I linked above.

I have not bought from them yet, but my wife is in the market and we will most likely get her pistol there. The sell some really nice looking rifles and shotguns as well.

Check it out!

UPDATE: Don't be discouraged by the fact that there website doesn't have a lot of guns available. They definately have a large selection of stuff in the store that isn't shown on the website. Go check them out.

13. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Mojoski, thanks for the tip. I didn't even know they were there. I'll go check it out this weekend.