Number of Post prior to selling...

Discussion in 'Website & Forum Suggestions' started by ls1ssdavid, Mar 8, 2007.

1. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

Not to pick on anyone peticular person. But, do you think that there should be a number of posts or time on the board prior to posting something to sell or buy? I know ls1tech.com a car forum, has such rules in order to protect members from having someone create a SN simply to sell. There's is 50 post or six months on the forum. The problem is kinda like a ebay type problem. Someone would ship payment and the other party wouldn't ship the product. Or vica versa. And since it's via a forum there is no way to do anything about it.

I know firearms it's diffrent you just don't send them in the mail. But someone could be selling magazines or holsters. But with a firearm, you would have to be in person and most likely would want to see the other partys GFL prior to the sale. But... shouldn't there be some sort of way to protect members? Just my .02 And i'm just throwing it out there.

David

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

A bit too high, I may want to sell something too you know.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Ya might want to check out MP's number of posts. I'm surprised he didn't suggest 5,895...

4. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Sounds fair to me.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Actually, I am thinking of suggesting 6,000 pretty soon! :D

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Actually, I am thinking of suggesting 6,000 pretty soon! :D[/quote:dxdc66ew]

Too bad, already added a rule for just 50.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Doesn't seem to be working.

8. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

This is the rule

It will be enforced when I remember to check the topic.