Number of Pilots carrying guns increasing.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by rajl, Feb 13, 2007.

1. rajl

rajl Guest

My favorite quote has to be:

"After graduation, the TSA issues the pilots a Heckler & Koch .40 caliber semiautomatic revolver." :roll:

The whole article is here:

2. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Why not give em all guns, it's not like they are drinking on the job.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/ ... 9196.shtml
    http://www.washtimes.com/business/20030 ... -9841r.htm
    Why not let civilians take the same course, at their own expense. I know I would fork out the money to be allowed to carry on a plane. I fly a lot and most of it is coast to coast with the occasional international.

I imagine terrorists would think long and hard about getting on a plane if there where possibly 5 or more Joe Schmo's carrying.

I am willing to take responsibility for my own actions. I am not willing to accept the consequences of someone else's actions or inaction. I refuse to cede my ability to defend myself to someone else.

3. Macktee

Macktee New Member

I like Slabertooch's idea. I really like it!

The possibility of having trained, competent and armed passengers on flights would certainly give potential hijackers something to think about...

It would almost certainly eliminate any chance of planes being hijacked in this country ever again!

Anybody wanna bet our government will go along with the idea?

Didn't think so..........................!

4. slabertooch

slabertooch New Member

Key word, our government. Which is why in the near future I plan on running for local office. Time for me to stop bitching, and get involved. Nothing big, but a start.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

We need their permission to arm our own pilots? Does Israel ask permission?

No response from the government?

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I still remember one of the first people to sign up for it was an airline pilot that was also in the National Guard.

They said his mental profile did not pass the test to carry a gun on an airline.

His response was, then the mental profile is too strict. That when he is not flying hundreds of passengers around, his other job entailed him to be on alert in a fighter jet incase a passenger jet was hijacked again. If one was and he got authorization, he would have to shoot the passenger jet down.
    He said he thought it strange that the Fed would trust him to fly a fighter jet and may be called to use it to shoot down a passenger jet and at the same time the Fed does not trust him to carry a handgun on a passenger jet.