NRAwol website

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Adam5, Oct 21, 2010.

1. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

"NRAwol was created as a clearing house for information on the NRA, only from a pro-gun point of view. If we can expose the NRA’s compromises on a daily basis, and compile them all right here, the NRA may have to re-think their terrible political strategy.

Never has a web site so accurately assessed the NRA and its tactics."

http://nrawol.net/

2. politenessman

politenessman Active Member

Interesting, and bookmarked.
    I have said for past few years that I would never join or contribute to the NRA, and this is why.

3. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Great find, Adam. I agree. I'm not saying its impossible, but let's go with highly unlikely, that the NRA actually turns around, starts to really fight for our 2nd Amendment rights on the National and State levels, decides to actually help out GCO with their pro-carry bills, and actually works to undo many federal and state gun control laws that they have lobbied to get passed, then I could actually see joining them again.

However, that is a big if... even then, I'd have to keep an eye on them like a hawk. I'd love to see the NRA turn around, I just have no idea how that will ever happen.

Too many die-hard NRA members that will follow the Judenrat NRA right into the camps. Thinks they can do no wrong, and everytime they are caught red-handed in wrong, "its must be some mis-understanding," or "we don't have all the facts." Whatever the excuses the come up with.

The NRA is about money and political games, and at times could care less about the 2nd amendment. We shouldn't have to compromise one inch to get our rights restored. Compromise with the gun control crowd is a loss for us.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Interesting site, and a great idea. I just emailed them asking to include a link to GCO.

5. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

I did earlier and this was the response I got.

6. AV8R

AV8R Banned

HA!

I just got a reply, too:

7. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Dudley Brown's response to GCO's request for helpful advice on reforming Georgia gun laws:
    Early 2007. This is the only time he appears in my inbox. If that is his idea of trying "to get Georgia Carry to adopt a coherent strategy we can endorse," then he can keep it.

8. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

:? :roll: :evil: :twisted: :screwy:

9. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Yeah. If only GCO had a similar strategy, then they wouldn't be the insignificant, no-action, lack-luster organization that they are today. :D

10. Malum Prohibitum

My admittedly biased perception is that GCO is doing pretty well from its formal inception on February 2, 2007
    http://corp.sos.state.ga.us/corp/soskb/Corp.asp?1281194 (although it existed a few months prior as an unincorporated association of freedom fighters, since memberships were first accepted October 2006, and some of the BOD was already around in the summer of 2006 and had filed the first lawsuit around then - a successful suit on the licensing issue - remember the bad old days?) until today, October 22, 2010. I will put GCO's 3 years or so track record up against any other organization's record over the same period of time.

I could not even begin to list all of the accomplishments.

Sorry GCO cannot be pigeonholed completely into some other group's agenda. GCO uses education, legislation, and litigation to do what is best for GCO members and their right to bear arms and nobody else.

It is focused and diligent.

11. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

:righton:
    That is what we like about it! Well, one of the things anyway.

12. mountainpass

mountainpass Under Scrutiny

Can I use that?

13. groats

groats New Member

I know what GCO has done for me in 2010.

What has NAGR done?
    Their website makes a big deal about their opposition to the Disclose Act, but they aren't even listed among the organizations opposing the bill (a list which includes Gun Owners of America, the Sierra Club, and even the Brady campaign!)

14. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

It's true I did attend one of the seminars the are involved with. It's also true that I didn't drink the kool-aid. While there was some usefull information about lobby tactics presented there was also a good deal of discussion about direct mail fundraising and oter things that do not fit with how GCO operates. Perhaps they should study from the GCO playbook, it's been working VERY well.

15. groats

groats New Member

I got the impression from their websites that fund-raising is the #1 priority. Kind'a like another organization that we know about, which won't be named here, at least Not Right Away.

16. Mafuta54

Mafuta54 Active Member

FTFY

17. Malum Prohibitum

Working very well? Only for a nonprofit in which the people running it and making things happen are basically volunteers and members donating their time, talent, and treasure to restore the right to bear arms. If you have other goals, then GCO's playbook may not work so well for you.
    :wink:

18. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

These guys have been around a while.
    I used to think the site was all that and a cup of tea. great ammo against the NRA.

I liked it so much that I went to a little bit of trouble to contact them right after the whole thing with how the NRA lobbyist was working against GCO during this passed spring. Sent em a big long detailed email explaining everything, linking to the docs that came out and statements from the various gold dome critters. Suggested they should add this as one of their examples.

The guy just emailed me back wanting to know if GCO was advising it's members about one of the various federal issues that was going on. We exchanged a couple emails. He intentionally never got my point, refused to put the Ga example up as one of the NRA's epic failures and put GCO down somewhat. Some of the above posts explain that a bit more now. To say the least I don't like the approach and attitude of the group's leadership...

The site is still pretty useful in my opinion.

GCO should give classes on how to do it right. :righton:

19. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Dudley Brown
    Executive Director
    Interesting quote from an "Executive Director"....

20. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I am going to use links from that site when I get accused of "NRA bashing" on GON. :mrgreen: