NRA: the enemy

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Foul, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Foul

Foul New Member

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267620,00.html

However, another gun rights group, the Gun Owners of America, is adamantly opposed to the legislation. It said the measure would allow the government to trample privacy rights by compiling reams of personal information and potentially bar mentally stable people from buying guns.

"The thing that most concerns us about this is our friends at the NRA are supporting it, and that could give Democrats cover in the election," said Larry Pratt, a spokesman for the group. "The NRA is making a mistake on this. This is a bill that could pass."

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

I have come to the conclusion that the NRA is no longer our friend.

Whoever the hell is in charge over there must be an anti in disguise.

The NRA must be stopped.

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

http://www.nra.org/Speech.aspx?id=6043

4. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

i am wondering if the ACLU is going to jump into the middle of this,it seems that they would frown on disclosure of personal medical info.any thoughts from the leagle eagles on this subject.i think it would be interesting to have them on our side for a change :)

5. MLS 4506

MLS 4506 Active Member

:evil: just damn,i am starting to wonder whose side the NRA is on,that statement is totally uncalled for :shakehead:

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Wow. Thanks for posting that GAGunOwner. The NRA is now the enemy.

7. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

That is Wayne LaPierre speaking in 2006. :shock:

Rest assured GeorgiaCarry.Org doesn't share these opinions.

This GCO Dad wants guns, lots of guns, in his daughter's school to keep her safe.

This GCO Dad want Zero-Tolerance ended because it penalizes self defense. Punish the agressor, not the bullied.

This GCO Dad opposes the government telling us who can buy guns and who can't. The Nazi's disarmed my relatives the same way in Vilinus

This GCO Dad wants his daughter surrounded by loaded and available guns to keep her safe at home.

This GCO Dad wants to buy his daughter more guns. One rifle and one pistol are not enough.

The NRA didn't help us in Georgia this year. I doubt Im going to renew my membership.

8. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Is Mr. LaPierre not the NRA's Executive Vice President and Chief Executive Officer?

9. Wiley

Wiley New Member

I think that speech was given in 1999. Just after Columbine. If true, it's old news but something to keep in mind.

I have also heard rumors (that I will continue to search for and track) that NRA is trying to take credit for Parker. This after failing with Seagars and attempting to, first, get Parker thrown out or superseded by legislation and, secondly attempting and failing to be linked with Parker as amicus participants.

Also keep in mind the meddleing of the GOA here in Georgia. When 'davidkerr' posted the 'alert' from GGO, a GOA affiliate and echoed by them, I telephoned Larry Pratt to ask what basis there was for GGO's asertions. All Pratt could say was that he had confidence in George Hill, who I think is the operator of GGO. And thought that 'making the legislators squeal' was good and nothing to be concerned about.

The falsity of that attitude has been seen in the past few days.

I have been a member of both orgainizations but their ham-handed operations in Georgia have left an increasingly bad taste in my mouth. I have little hope of overcomming both orgaizations impoliteness and 'tabloid rethoric'. Because of them we have lost the opportunity for three civil rights bills.

The cost of supporting them is too high.

10. Totenkopf

Totenkopf New Member

Both the "no guns in schools" and "no guns for the mentally incompetent" are things that the NRA should oppose. They need to be taking steps towards getting more of our rights back, not sitting still or giving concessions. Professors, teachers, and students should all be allowed to defend themselves in class or on campus, and I can forsee a time when individuals that own several guns, or want to carry a gun, will be considered mentally incompetent. I don't trust an incompetent government to decide who is mentally incompetent.

11. merlock

merlock New Member

Isn't that the truth! :screwy:

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:shock:

What!?!? :soapbox:

13. Sharky

Sharky New Member

I am not an NRA memeber and probably never will be!

14. Mike from Philly

Mike from Philly New Member

Everyone knows that someone else will protect your children better than you will. :roll:

15. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Everyone knows that someone else will protect your children better than you will. :roll:[/quote:3cstiysa]

I could put forth a brave effort to protect yours if I had a chance and could carry........

Lets start a movement to allow GFL holder like myself to be able to carry on K-12 campuses. I know it has a snowball's chance in hell but perhaps we could sway somebody in the Gold Dome to listen......

MP says no one wants to touch this one. Do you think that perhaps the climate has changed since VT?

16. Foul

Foul New Member

From the vast majority of the polls I've seen, both on "gun friendly" and "gun unfriendly" news sights, the opinion seems to be swinging to our way of thinking, wanting the ability to protect ourselves.

17. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

18. Taler

Taler New Member

This kind of stuff is why I am a proud former member of that organization.

19. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

wtf is wrong with the NRA?

Is it me or does it seem like they switched sides?

20. Taler

Taler New Member

IMO, they've been equivocating since 1986, when I didn't renew.