Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

OVERALL, is the NRA working in our best interest as a 2nd Amendment Lobby?

• Yes.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but they could do much better.

• No.

• No, and they should be stopped.

• The NRA is too broad of brush. There needs to be more focus in certain areas.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,172 Posts
Rammstein said:
I'd like to hear from some of the people from the "Yes, but they could do much better" vote.
I'm one of those people. I do think, overall, the NRA is working for us but, like the ACLU, they seem to get tangled up in things. HP89 is a prime example of the NRA doing harm rather than good. I understand politics is all about compromise, but it's difficult to cut deals with people who are determined to destroy our rights.

Gun rights, like abortion, is a black or white situation. There are no shades of gray.

I don't understand the strategy of the NRA. Sometimes, they get far too strident. Remember "jack-booted thugs"? Other times, they seem a little too willing to compromise.

Maybe they know what they're doing, but I don't understand how they can work with people who have attempted to severely restrict the rights of gun owners in the past and will continue to work toward their eventual goal of confiscating all firearms held by civilians.

Compromise always involves giving up something.

· Registered
6,172 Posts
Rammstein said:
No Doc, not saying you are. Just that the people who blindly follow the NRA are.
That applies to people who blindly follow any lead be it health, religion, politics, clothing styles, cars, entertainment, etc., etc., etc.!

Unfortunately, humans are pack animals. We tend to live, dress, speak and act like those we most associate with and distrust those who aren't like us. Oh, there are some who are stridently individualistic (like Wiley), but even he, like the rest of us, goes along with the crowd to a greater or lesser extent.

So, keep pushing Ramm. You're asking good questions and making a valid argument for more independent thinking by the rest of us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.