NRA/Republican Stockholm Syndrome

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by Mrs_Esterhouse, Oct 11, 2017.

1. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Please defend and tell me how wonderful your abusers are.

:popcorn:

2. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

I got nothing....

3. Because if you don't support the Republicans and NRA then you're supporting the Democrats and anti-gunners! So what if the NRA does things we don't like and Republicans agree with it, if it wasn't for those two entities then we'd have nothing already! /s

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

5. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Because the NRA is the 800 pound gorilla on the issue. They have the largest number and best response of members for political action.

I don't agree with the policies 100% of the time. I do agree most of the time.

You know the NRA is effective because they always get blamed. Ask about any democrat why Orlando or San Bernadino or Sandy Hook or Las Vegas happened. Because of the NRA will most likely be the answer. Without the NRA guns would be controlled and mass shootings would not happen is part 2 of that answer.

I do not recall ever hearing it was because of the GOA or Second Amendment Foundation.

When you get the blame for the bad things from the other side, you know what you are doing is effective.

I do not believe I am being abused. I like to think I am intelligent and educated enough to understand if I were and do what is necessary to change it.

Please explain how I am being abused by the NRA. And how you would be/are.

Nemo

6. AtlPhilip

The hughes amendment.

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

No, don't quite make it. I am not abused by that. Want to try again?

Nemo

8. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

Oh, you mean that compromise that prohibited new (after May of 1986) machineguns from being registered to ordinary citizens who weren’t real gun dealers selling weapons to law enforcement or in the weapons export biz?

What did we GET in exchange for that, in the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986?

- no more showing I.D. to buy ammo, no more “ammo registration” at the dealer level.

- allows regular folks to mail-order ammo in quantity and have it delivered to our homes.

- a “safe passage” type federal law that preempted any state or local gun control laws, IF you are passing thru with an unloaded gun in the trunk of your car.

And BATF was instructed to cut back on in-person inspections of FFL dealers’ stores and their records, especially when no serious violations were found on the last inspection.

So, tell me again how bad the NRA is for helping make machine guns so expensive.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  9. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

The NRA will do whatever it is they see will net them the most money.

The fight for gun rights is an extremely profitable business. Getting rich(er) is their prime directive and sole purpose. They take in far, far more money than they ever spend. Anyone who sees them as a wholesome organization with pure and honorable intent is quite gullible. Most of us would consider them to be real slimeballs who disgust us with their tactics, if they were fighting against our rights, using the same tactics they use now.

But that is capitalism at its finest, and we do need someone with their power on our side. They sure do leave a funny smell in the air, though.

10. AtlPhilip

So in exchange for a massive infringement we got back several minor infringements. Sorry, trading your stolen car for your stolen motorcycle isn't "compromise"

Look, we get it. You think everyone but state agents should be limited to semi-autos with 10rd magazines. And you think everyone who does not agree with you is a nutcase. Your opinion has been noted.

11. Glockenator

Who is the "you" and "your" in your post?

12. AtlPhilip

First paragraph = Generic "you". Feel free to substitute any pronoun you prefer.

Second you = FirearmsReferenceGuide

Edit: Ten mm, your post wasn't there when I replied.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  13. Glockenator

^^ Thanks for clearing up my misunderstanding. Simultaneous sometimes causes that.

14. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

:exactly:

15. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

The other side wants to divide gun owners. They may be making some progress at that.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2017/10/18/celebrities-urge-reject-nra-wake-vegas-shooting/

I'm not happy about the recent stances taken by the NRA leadership, and I have let them know that. This isn't the first time the NRA has run afoul of the membership. But it would be a big mistake to turn against the NRA, since the NRA is really US. The other side would love to see internal dissension among pro gun groups.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  16. Glockenator

This is true, as well. I'm not against the NRA, but on the other hand, I don't like the thought of just lining NRA people's pockets, which is exactly what giving them extra money does. And they really piss me off when they do whatever is most profitable for them, instead of doing what their members want. I wish they were a wholesome, grass-roots organization. Like GCO is.

The anti's, when they can't win a face-on battle, turn to just chipping away at the stone. Guerrilla warfare.

I can tolerate liberals (if I hold my nose), until they try to take away what is mine. Either my money, or my right to defend myself. At that point, I cannot tolerate them anymore.

17. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 18, 2017
  18. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

I agree, I am not a big fan of some of the NRA's tactics, this giving up on the bump stocks idiocy. I also don't like their clumsy efforts to make money off their membership. But for better or worse, they are the Big Dog in pro gun efforts. A bunch of us tearing up our membership cards is not going to change that. We should speak to the NRA leadership, LaPierre and Cox, and tell them why we the membership are not happy with their tactics. I think they are hearing that, and they should. That is my view. However, I'm not going to be critical of those who quit their membership in the NRA. I get it. I've done that at least a couple of times in the past 30 years, myself.

19. Mrs_Esterhouse

How not to Stockholm Syndrome:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLkokMyC2DU[/ame]

"You don't unify with traitors."

—TheYankeeMarshal

Last edited: Oct 19, 2017
  20. Mrs_Esterhouse

Proud NRA Bottoms,

Sick and tired of being pounded in the ass by no-reach-around LaPierre? Have you ever considered switching things up a bit? Ever thought about being a 2A top? Are you perhaps top-curious? It's easy! Just quit the NRA and join GOA and/or SAF and you too can be a 2A top.

Sincerely,
    Satisfied 2A Top