NRA pushes for "Constitutional Carry"

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by fmlaw1, Dec 14, 2010.

1. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

(From our friends at Wisconsin Carry, Inc.) The NRA announced on Thursday that it is making a strong push for Constitutional Carry in states around the country including Iowa.

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=6095

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

3. krmbigmac

krmbigmac Active Member

Wow! Hope they are successful.

4. MrMorden

MrMorden New Member

The NRA continues to prove even a broken clock is right occasionally.

5. murrybird

murrybird New Member

I agree with that statement. I hope they support Wisconsin in their endeavors to gain this form of carry.

6. Owl

Owl New Member

If our politicians here in GA had a SPINE, we could have already solved this issue here last session.

The question is, if this ever goes to a vote, will the NRA lobby against it's own bill? The answer with regard to past performance? A solid probably.

7. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

What's that old saw.... "The devil is in the details".

I want to see the bill(s) that they push before I give em an ounce of credit. They've demonstrated their foolishness one time to many for my taste. At least they have the right sound to thier noise though.

8. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

Agreed.

Why do I find this hard to swallow? Could it be their propensity to push for mandatory training provided by NRA trainers? Could it be their recent willingness to subordinate everyone else's First Amendment freedoms to their own interests? Could it be their working against a very good GCO-sponsored bill because it did not contain their sacred cow, airport carry? Could it be that their repeated agreement with so-called "common-sense" restrictions?

Color me unconvinced, as well.

9. Match10

Match10 Active Member

I just do not understand you guys.... One extreme to the other. There is no pleasing you. Instead of picky-picking it from a distance, beating the drum.... Why not wade in and make your voices known within the NRA? It's such a small thing. Face it, the NRA does much outside of Georgia in which GCO does not particpate... but affects us nonetheless.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

:D

11. Match10

Match10 Active Member

OK... NOT ALL you guys.... :oops:

12. RecoveringYankee

RecoveringYankee New Member

It's not that the NRA doesn't do a lot of good; they do. And they have been for a long time. But there is a lot they have done that rubs the wrong way. The criticism is warranted. I agreed with Tinkerhell that reserving judgement till we see the details seems prudent. I really do hope the reality is as good as the press release.

13. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

This. I'm sorry, but the NRA has done us wrong so many times. They've compromised way too much on our RTKBA already, on the state and national levels, its hard for me to believe them when they say they are going to a "constitutional carry" bill. I'll have to see the details of the bill before I say yah or nah to it.

If this is a truly a Constitutional Carry Bill, then I will applaud it. If it is, well we probably have to give up these rights to get these rights, and I'm not going to support it. Especially if it forces us to get mandatory training that the NRA itself is selling. No thanks. You know how the NRA loves to force concealed carry and mandatory training. (South Carolina) One of the main reasons everytime I go to SC, like I did last weekend, and was disarmed the whole time I was there walking around. (Which was a lot)

I imagine if we want to get the same rights as LEO in this state, we'll have to get some kind of mandatory training and maybe in a psyche-eval before they will let us carry everywhere. Of course, along with the background check as well. To be honest, I'm not up for that mandatory training or a psyche-eval.

Make it a separate license and an option, but don't force us all to get training.

14. Match10

Match10 Active Member

Your opinion only. My opinion: Incrementalism rears its head at every level, including the one near and dear to your heart. WHatever the case, both organizations need to work together and stop the bickering.

15. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

:D[/quote:1010aim0]

Yes, yes, yes, :righton: :righton: :righton: