NRA Membership

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Nemo, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Just before the Florida school shooting the membership count was a bit under 5 million. All the bad news from that shooting really affected that count.

If you are not an NRA member, you should join. I don't care if you disagree with their views on some stuff, you probably agree on a fair bit also. But making the 800 pound political gorilla in DC a 900 or 1100 pound gorilla is a good thing.

Sometimes on some political issues you just gotta hold your nose and flip the switch. For some out there this is one of those times. I do that also regarding NRA membership.

Nemo

https://www.americas1stfreedom.org/articles/2018/8/3/nra-is-6-million-strong/

2. atlsrt44

atlsrt44 Well-Known Member

Agreed. I signed up earlier this year.

3. Harhib

Harhib Active Member

I agree there are no perfect dogs in this fight ( and it is a fight) but the NRA does more by far to protect our gun rights than anyone else. I personally have been a life member for years. I believe and I may be mistaken there is a half price deal going now on a lifetime, check for yourself it may be the best money you ever spend!

4. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Supporting the NRA is an "AND" proposition, not an "OR" proposition.

5. Don27

Don27 Member

Or........
    Is (the NRA) just trying to appease the majority? Thus kicking the can (the fight to come) down the road and into our children’s laps?

6. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The NRA is just trying to convince people they fight the good fight when they will surrender lie the French Army when the going gets tough. From 1936 to 1986 and in 218 on the Slide Fire (bump stock) Stock. The problem is they are the best out there which doesn't say much except they are also the largest and best funded org.. If you only join one national org it should be the NRA with SAF being an add on to it. Just let your dues to the NRA be all you contribute with a letter in the return envelope stating they need to stand up before any extra donations are submitted.

7. Don27

Don27 Member

8. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

You're right. No one needs your voice or help to get the NRA straight on the 2A. We just need you to keep driving all the voices you can away so the NRA continues the path they are on. Keep in mind the NRA is the group politicians keep paying attention to so making the voices of the NRA members weaker makes more sense than trying to get it going the right direction.
    /sarcasm...

9. 1911

1911 7 Year Member

I've been a Life Member for a long time:

[​IMG]

10. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I renewed today.

11. GoDores

GoDores Like a Boss

I recently became a life member and they sent me a form that sells an additional life membership for $500 (current list price is $1500). If anyone on here wants a life membership for $500, PM me your address and I’ll mail you the signup form.

Edit: it's been claimed.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018
  12. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I've been an NRA member for decades for various reasons, not because I support all their 2A stances, which I don't. Many of the clubs I've belonged to require NRA membership. As mentioned, the politicians always turn to the NRA, right or wrong. You can bitch about it all you want but unless you belong to it you have no say in changing its direction.

Change is internal, such as happened in 1977 in Cincinnati. The last two years I voted for Adam Kraut for a director's seat. He didn't make it but got closer. I just signed his petition to get him on the ballot for next year. That's how you change the NRA. Get people elected who won't cowtow to the Wayne & Chris show. It doesn't happen overnight.

And I spread my support around. For ~$150 a year I support several groups that I feel give us the 2A support we need, national and state.

Wheedle likes this.