Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Dan Lungren really deserve an NRA endorsement?

As if that wasn't enough, Lungren presided over actual gun confiscation. Here's a recap from NRAWinningTeam.com -- make sure you follow all the internal document links like this one to see how he supported waiting periods and the Brady Bill, was endorsed by HCI, supported a fundraiser for Jim Brady, supported magazine bans, supported "gun free school zones," opposed concealed carry...

If anyone thinks supporting this proven gun-grabber is the best course for the Republic (and the best inducement for the Republicans to stop with the betrayals, although why they would feel compelled to if they're rewarded anyway is a valid argument), I won't waste my time trying to dissuade you. Although I will point out he apparently doesn't feel your support is worth crowing about...
http://www.examiner.com/gun-rights-in-n ... b-from-nra

In the 90s, he eagerly enforced the seizure of SKS Sporters. Explain that one to me...

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
He's hiding behind the 2A on his website.
As the Bill of Rights was specifically created to protect individual rights, it is my view that the right to bear arms is itself an individual right.

I think it is clear that the Founding Fathers intended the Second Amendment to allow citizens to keep and bear arms for personal security and defense, which is why I have supported Second Amendment rights throughout my career as an elected official. As Professors Lawrence Tribe and Akil Amar have written, when we diminish the importance of one constitutional provision it is a threat to other constitutional rights.

Regarding the recent Heller case involving gun rights in Washington, D.C., I signed an amicus curiae brief arguing that the Second Amendment provides an individual right to bear arms. The brief is available here.

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
Maybe he had a Moment of Realization -- or maybe somebody explained the error of his ways and he listened.

Anybody read the brief he put his name on? That might provide a good insight as to his current opinions.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
45_Fan said:
Maybe he had a Moment of Realization -- or maybe somebody explained the error of his ways and he listened.
I would believe it, if he came out and actually said that the gun confiscations were wrong and he shouldn't have done it, but he has made no such statement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts