NRA Against Machine Guns

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

I missed this Glenn Beck show . . . :cry:

But here is the transcript.

2. Malum Prohibitum

3. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Yea, I saw most of that interview.

4. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

NRA Against <strike>Machine Guns</strike> Gun Owners

Fixed it for ya MP.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

NRA is Against Machineguns

The NRA supported the National Firearms Act back in the 1930s. The part about registering machineguns and silencers was something the NRA was totally on-board with, and they didn't reluctantly go along with it to save face or anything like that. They really didn't consider those kinds of weapons as being "ordinary," and only ordinary guns that ordinary men would want to own are the kind that the NRA was protecting.

The NRA went along with the further machinegun restrictions that came in 1968.

And the NRA supported, if not actually proposed, the complete ban on post-1986 machineguns to get enough Democrat / Moderate Republican votes to pass the Firearms Owners Protection Act of 1986.

So really, for the NRA to just categorically dismiss any talk about machinegun control and say that they don't care about that, is, well, quite consistent.

(P.S. the NRA does not want to tell the American people that machineguns are still legal with a bunch of restrictions, and that registered machineguns are rarely used in crime and so far NEVER by their rightful owners. WHY would the NRA want to CONCEAL this information? Because what if somebody says:

"Well if the tight restrictions on machineguns have worked so well, and yet they're still available for people serious enough about owning one to meet all the qualifications, let's regulate ALL FIREARMS the same way!"

6. N.T.F.S.

N.T.F.S. Active Member

Re: NRA is Against Machineguns

I never thought about it that way. I can here Shmuckie Shumer and all the rest of his anti 2nd cronies coming out with those exact words!!

7. M249

M249 New Member

What's GCO's position on machine guns? 8)

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

http://www.georgiacarry.org/cms/about/

I'd say that just about covers it. 8)

9. merlock

merlock Active Member

:exactly:

10. Malum Prohibitum

Georgia does not restrict machine guns. If they tried to do so, I think it is a safe bet that GCO would strenuously oppose such a measure.

11. M249

M249 New Member

Hence the reason I'm a member of GeorgiaCarry.org and not other 2A groups.

12. fallison

fallison Guest

+1