NRA 2018 Board Elections?

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by hopkins92, Apr 11, 2018.

1. hopkins92

hopkins92 New Member

The NRA Board election ballots must be submitted by April 15, 2018. Many of the candidates' biographies are quite impressive. Is there a thread somewhere with recommendations for voting?

2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Doesn't matter, the life-tenure bureaucrats at NRA are actually in charge......

3. hopkins92

hopkins92 New Member

Thanks for replying to my post.

4. DonT

DonT Well-Known Member

My recommendations, and who I voted for:

Adam Kraut
    Duane Liptak
    Julie Golob

I have seen these names as recommended by several trusted NRA members and instructors and gun right advocates, those I do trust. I did bullet voting, just voting for those three on my ballot. FWIW.

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

Exactly. Only cast your vote for those 3. Do not vote for any one else on the ballot. This is the only way to make a change in the NRA. NEVER vote for any board recommended candidate. Only vote for those on the ballot that were placed there by petition. Contrary to statements made elsewhere on this forum you do not have to be a life member to vote. If you have been a member for 5 straight years or more you can vote. Voting takes place every year where 1/3 of the 76 member board is elected for a 3 year term and 1 for a 1 year term. If one of the above 3 manages to get on the board as the 1 year term then vote for them again next year as well. Sooner or later if enough people get on the wagon to make the change instead of complaining because they didn't care enough to join and/or vote then the NRA problems are their fault.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
    DonT likes this.
  6. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

At the discretion of the Board of Directors which elects or re-elects the Executive Vice President. Currently Wayne LaPierre. And he appoints the NRA-ILA director (currently Chris Cox) and the General Operations director (not sure who that is).

So, yes, it does matter who's on the Board.

7. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I cast my vote for just one person - Adam Kraut.

Wegahe likes this.
  8. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

The number one pick that is not currently on the BOD!!!

Great choice and great ballot.

9. hopkins92

hopkins92 New Member

Thanks, everybody. At least I have 3 candidates to vote for now. I need to get busy and mail that ballot.

10. Speevl

Speevl Member

+1 for that vote recommendation, and +1 to the notion of NOT voting for everyone. You dramatically enhance a candidate’s chances in this system by only voting for the 2-3 you really want to see there.

This matters a lot. To all the “wahhh the NRA isn’t perfect” crowd... I agree, but it’ll only change by being involved and informed about who to strategically place in power to bring reformation in the areas we wanna see change. Things get messed up incrementally, and they have to be fixed incrementally. Call it a flame post, but I’m sick of seeing the drive by “NRA SUCKS” posts all over GPDO. It’s unproductive and doesn’t advance our goals one inch. The NRA has a lot of things wrong, but it also has a LOT of things right, and *gasp* so does GOA. I say join both, support both, they each have strengths, and in the meantime work respectfully to make each of those organizations the best they can be.

DonT and Wegahe like this.
  11. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Actor and USMC vet R. Lee Ermey just died.
    He was on the NRA Board of Directors.

http://nraontherecord.org/lee-ermey/

So, will there be a new vacancy to be filled later this year?

12. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

36 names on the NRA 2018 ballot.

NRA 2018.jpg