NRA 2017 - atlanta

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by UtiPossidetis, Apr 28, 2017.

1. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Had a great day at the NRA Convention. As I have said repeatedly - NO WEAPONS SCREENING. Had a wonderful time trying weapons that I have only seen in videos and online, talking with the Walther reps was a huge treat, EAA is no longer importing SAR pistols a new company in Ill. is doing so as of last week, lots of holsters to see in person, many knives to handle (and even get sharpened and tuned at several of the makers booths), many drawings, and GCO was there in force.

So, what did you enjoy at the NRA event?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  2. btseagle98

btseagle98 Member

We ran late and had to be back in Lawrenceville by 5, so we didn't get to tour the exhibition much. We did get to see the President give his speech which was pretty cool...I've never seen a President in person.

Here's a shot of the wife and I at the convention:
    [​IMG]

3. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Better looking booth than most of the smaller ones and the association booths. Lots of folks there too. Good showing!

4. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

Nice pics! I'll be going today and Sunday. I'll be helping "Safe at Home" at his booth, selling some of the GWL laws books, and signing them (Kurt only) if anybody wants an autographed copy. Booth 5016.

5. Mrs_Esterhouse

Mrs_Esterhouse Swollen Member

Bruce looks energised.

6. GAfirearmsReference

GAfirearmsReference Weapons Law Booklet

We are here. The gun laws book is available at booth 5016 (Safe at Home USA) and Sharpshooters (of Roswell, GA).

I got to meet the folks at the GCO booth, Alan Gottlieb of the Second Amendment Foundation, the folks at the GSSA (Ga Sport Shooting Ass'n), and I could have met Jerry Michulek (spelling ?) at the SiG booth if I had time to wait in line.

I also got to shake the hand of Wiley Clapp, longtime gun writer and author.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  7. Dawgdoc

Dawgdoc Well-Known Member

I toted a one-year old on my back around the exhibit hall today. The best thing about the convention was that my wife chose a holster that might actually encourage her to carry more often. I also got a 10-round 9 mm 1911 Mec-Gar magazine from Armscor for half off ($15); I think I might regret not buying more than one, assuming it works well.

I think I found a sign leftover from before HB60 passed. On one door on a row of doors (not the main entrance), I saw a little sign (2 x 12 inches maybe) that said, "No Smoking" and "No Weapons Permitted" with a small gun buster. I assumed that at one time the building was off limits, and this sign got left behind, perhaps?

8. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I walked around for a few hours with my HK P30sk in the open. I saw plenty of people with bulges under their shirts at their waistline, but saw very few people openly carrying.

9. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

The only open carry I saw was at the GCO booth and a couple of Western reenactors. I carried my PPS in a black arch IWB all day.

10. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

I was there most of the day Saturday openly carrying my XD9 all day. I saw less than a handful of other open carriers though.

11. tmoore912

tmoore912 Just a Man

From Bruce Greenfield and Jerry Henry - the total numbers from this weekend at #NRAAM2017 was:

75 New members - 80 member years
    42 Renewals - 48 member years

4 Life Memberships

12. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Very nice. That sounds like a lot, can you put it in perspective for those of us that are new?

13. mark5019

mark5019 what me worry?

14. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

It is a lot....a whole lot!

We were extremely busy Friday and Saturday.

Up until NRAAM, the best event I've ever been involved in was the 2016 Conyers Cherry Blossom Festival which was 66 new, and 9 renewals for a two day event. I think The Big Shanty Festival was just over that a year or two ago. At NRAAM, several people joined for more than one year, which very rarely happens, and to get 4 lifers at the same event is astonishing.

15. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Thanks. That does sound like a good showing for the event.

16. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Those are great numbers!

17. awanatech

awanatech Well-Known Member

That is excellent!!

18. gungeek

gungeek Member

Great numbers!

I was at the table at the Smyrna Jonquil Festival on Saturday morning and we had about 10 or so new members in the three hours I was there. I headed to the NRA after that and was openly carrying my Sig Nightmare.