Now they beg

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by kestak, Nov 28, 2010.

1. kestak

kestak New Member

2. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

The only good that has come out of this is that 1) this should be an eye opener as to how it is way too easy to access and share secret information and 2) individuals who leak secret information should tried for treason and, if found guilty, executed like we used to do. I'm amazed at how multiple countries (as this not only involves the US, but many other countries we've communicated secret information with) appear to be powerless against one website, yet ICE had no problem shutting down 70 websites in multiple countries using just a warrant that claimed the sites violated copyright laws.

Perhaps our government and military need to stamp their documents "Copyrighted" instead of "Secret" to afford them better protection....

3. kestak

kestak New Member

New york times costed us lives leaking secrets to damage bush. They did nothing!
    As i said. They will do something only if it is damaging to democrats. They are the traitors that should be hung.

4. Metalheadisme

Metalheadisme New Member

From what I've heard, the leak about to occur is quite damaging to Obama, particularly regarding his relationship to those foreign entities he has tried so hard to apologize to for us.

While I think it is awful how this is being done in such a way as to put US lives at risk, on the other side, there is a need to keep our government accountable. Mr. Manning or whoever leaked all this stuff went over that line, particularly when he gave that information to this international WikiLeaks entity. I'd like to say there was a better way to do it, but I can't think of any at this point, particularly how anything internal would be immediately silenced. I am NOT saying he should've done what he did.

5. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Can't get to the wikileaks website this morning....

Seized by the gub-ment maybe?

6. HydroAuto

HydroAuto GPDO Commonlaw Spouse

7. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

You don't actually believe that same tired argument that this puts our troops at more risk do you? There is no proof of this.

Its our government's policies that created this "Blowback." Our government's policies got us in this mess. They are at fault. This person is simple telling the truth about all of our government's foul ups that they would rather keep "secret."

Yeah, talk about transparency in government... what any oxymoron. Its a joke.

8. GFLinTX

GFLinTX New Member

The CIA needs to take care of Julian Assange, and any US personnel discovered to be leaking classified documents should be tried for treason and hanged.

9. livesounder

livesounder New Member

The CIA needs to "take care of" a foreign national???

Whoa!

10. kestak

kestak New Member

......hmmm..... Public school education I guess...
    Is it worth to explain to that individual what is the mission of the CIA?

Can someone explains FBI/interpol vs CIA? And of course the principle of juridiction and investigation/prosecution?

Oh! And can someone explains why the new york times did not get into trouble by putting really our safety in jeopardy when they explained in details how we were taping the terrorists cell phones just to arm president Bush? If they would have shut up, we would still be taping the FOREIGN communications of those terrorists.....

Idiot.......

11. suttree

suttree New Member

It is my guess the wiki guy is not long for this world.

12. zeebo

zeebo New Member

Typical government efficiency: They have screwed up covering up their screw ups. Can these people do anything right? Short of classifying something like schematics for the B-2 bomber, if they don't want us to know about it, they probably shouldn't be doing it in the first place.

13. NullMatrix

NullMatrix Member

I bet they take care of him well, since they fund him. :eek:

14. GFLinTX

GFLinTX New Member

Hey, what I'm suggesting isn't really a new concept...

15. Metalheadisme

Metalheadisme New Member

The only parts I think put our troops at risk are the parts revealing troop movement and battle strategies, as I understand there are some contained in the released documents (as to whether there are any in this set I don't know).

I understand and agree with your viewpoint, particularly about the government creating the blowback. It's essentially a game of "we screwed up and if you tell on us you'll get everyone in more trouble." and as I said before, there is a need to keep our government accountable, just as their is a need for a soldier to follow his oath to the constitution when he sees that government breaking it.

What I don't like is that this information was handed to an international entity, and that there seems to be a lot of information released that didn't have to be that could be harmful. Granted, from what I understand the U.S. state department was given a chance to assist in redacting sensitive portions and turned it down (their bad). As I said before though, I'm not sure an more internal solution could've work without being silenced. Keeping our government accountable when they screw up is good.... but I have mixed feelings here in how it was done.

16. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

So the documents DID leak. And our retarded useless government is PISSED!!! Capital PISSED. I agree with above, while ICE was so iterested in shutting down piracy, why didnt they shut down wikileak? Thats right because they can't because its not located on an american domain. See what keeps Wiki alive and well besides the DDos attacks over and over and over again, which the security community has been watching to say the least ( its been stated that multiple countries are trying to shut it down at the moment with attacks) EU laws protect this site. We're in a day and age people that our governement is attempting to slowly do what China and Iran and Iraw have done for many many many years:

Prevent citizens from accessing data,news, and any other information they decide isn't necessary for citizens to access.

And again I agree with above, if our government didnt want anyone to find out about these documents, then why in the @#[email protected]#$ was documents created in the first place. Everyone leaves a paper trail Mr. President. Including you. Just as the VA clinics lost thousands upon thousands of military veterans social security numbers, you just lost documents that could possibly have americans killed, allies lost, or anything else for that matter.

chalk this up for another huge mistake for such a @#[email protected]#$ president. Won't be the last, now Hilary is going to go mess it up more :D

17. EJR914

TippinTaco, you can't blame the leak on Obama or Hilary or whoever, but what they are do is toting the same line that Bush and all other previous presidents have done. "We can make all of our screwups and corruption secret so that nobody will ever know about it."

This goes way way way further back than Obama and Hilary, it just that they are toting the same line that all of our past politicians have toted.

What we can blame is our government, for continuing to make all this corruption and screwups secret, getting away with it, and never being held accountable for their actions.

Also, there are things that should remain secret such as information on secret prototype weapons and vehicles that should remain secret, but using the "SECRET" crap to hide government screwups and corruption is just plain WRONG and in and of itself is corruption and is protecting the criminals in our government.

Edit: Current and future troop movements should all be kept secret.

18. EJR914

Well that's good. Of course I think that giving out current or future movements of troops are a bad things, but is that what was done here? I don't think so.

If any troop movements were given out, it happened in the distant past, and our enemy probably already knew about that movement, thus it is not giving away our troop movement. Its just not logical.

Let's be honest here, the reason the media and politicians keep spouting this junk is to hide the real reason they don't want this getting out. Trust me, their outrage about this getting out has NOTHING to do with keeping our troops safe.

If they really wanted to keep out troops safe, they would quit doing all these things that are creating blowback for us.

If I wanted to make America a police state, I would do exactly what our government is doing and has done for decades. I would go overseas, put my nose in everyone's business, start wars for almost no reason at all, and kill innocent people, become the policemen of the world, have soldiers in every country and never leave, basically tick everyone off until the point they all hate us, and then when they bring terrorism back here and attack us, I would implement all this extra "security" to combat it. Basically, spying on America citizens with no warrants, searching anyone's person or property without warrants, completely destroying the 4th amendment.

19. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

For those interested the DDos attacks are being done by Jester. Most in the security community know this man as being really good at what he does. He developed his own software and hardware to hack terrorist websites and his reason for doing what he is doing is that Wiki is putting lives at risk for releasing the manifest.

EJR I agree with you. Some good and some bad will come from this.

20. EJR914

Its all good in the hood TippinTaco. :righton: