Now thats big!!!

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Sharky, Jan 5, 2007.

1. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Georgia Hunter Bags 'Hogzilla'

POSTED: 6:55 am EST January 5, 2007
    UPDATED: 6:59 am EST January 5, 2007

FAYETTE COUNTY -- An urban legend comes to life, and meets its death in northeast Georgia.

A boar weighing 1,100 pounds was shot and killed in a Fayette County neighborhood.

Residents say the wild hog had been tearing up their yards for years.

These so-called "hogzillas" have been spotted and killed in south Georgia in recent years, but the Department of Natural Resources is trying to determine if the pig shot in Fayette County this week is a state record.

People passing by the Coursey house are amazed by the boar hanging from a tree in the front yard. William Coursey, an avid hunter, shot the pig in a neighbor's yard.

Coursey says the boar is one of four that had been roaming the neighborhood, uprooting yards for seven years. He says the other three animals may have been killed previously.

He says he thought it was myth until now. Coursey and his son took the hog to a local weigh station, where it weighed in at 1,100 pounds. It's an estimated 9 feet long.

The Courseys believe the hefty hog may be the biggest ever, based on statistics they say they found in a local hunting magazine.

Experts say the large pigs are "feral," meaning they were once domesticated but now run wild. They can be dangerous, and the DNR urges that you call wildlife experts to remove the animals

2. Sharky

Sharky New Member

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/10677789/detail.html

Y'all need to see this! This thing is huge. I wonder what in the hell he used to kill it. They say an avid hunter shot it. Man I cant imagine what I would think seeing that thing in my yard! Being from NY we dont see that kind of stuff!

3. blare

blare New Member

:shock: That thing could eat a car!! :shock:

4. Foul

Foul New Member

My 7.62x54R IS an expert at removing wildlife. :twisted:

ps. How many BLT's you figure that sucker could make?

5. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

6. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

But that is the problem... do YOU have a freezer big enough to fit that much meat in?

He did as the DNR asked anyway, he called in the experts and asked them to remove the 1,100lb dead pig hanging from the tree. :mrgreen:

7. Foul

Foul New Member

If we could find one of those bad boys on a weekend that we have a meet and shoot, I'm sure we could put a small dent in the porker via a BBQ, with litterally half a ton of leftovers to take home in dogie bags.

8. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Active Member

Can you imagine someone driving down the road with that tied to their hood!!
    :rotfl: