Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
I get where y'all are coming from, but consider a few things. First we just don't execute soldiers for desertion anymore although that is what he really deserves. Second he lost 5 years of his life in captivity. Third he lost 5 years of back pay. Fourth a dishonorable discharge is the same as a felony conviction.

The sentence isn't as light as it first appears. I think its still too light but I am concerned that a much heavier sentence would have brought an appeal and these issues would have came up.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
He's already had 8 years of pay days since his leaving his duty post.

Some of those pay days reflect his promotion/s while missing.

Nothing I've see says he loses back pay. Post a link if you have it.

He's probably still on the payroll until his automatic appeal is done. Another 3 years ?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
From skimming that article, it's like this was done to piss off Trump supporters because Trump tweeted about Bergdahl. How do we get from him saying he was treated better by the taliban than the army to this?

Edit: Not sure the above pic is from article linked as I didn't get it there, and never even clicked it.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Someone said a 4 star general still has to approve the sentence. Is that true? Although I imagine all this was planned in advance.

·
Registered
9,458 Posts
So military court cases can be based on bias against a third party? I get that he's the Commander and Chief, but why bother with a trial if it's based on bias and not rule of law? There is so much wrong with this I must be missing something.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I get where y'all are coming from, but consider a few things. First we just don't execute soldiers for desertion anymore although that is what he really deserves. Second he lost 5 years of his life in captivity. Third he lost 5 years of back pay. Fourth a dishonorable discharge is the same as a felony conviction.

The sentence isn't as light as it first appears. I think its still too light but I am concerned that a much heavier sentence would have brought an appeal and these issues would have came up.
Did he commit a crime? Yes
Did someone die as a result of said crime? Yes

If he did this as a civilian in the states he would be tried for that death as murder. This piece of $hit traitor should be drawn and quartered for his crime.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts