Now I know what I want....(Sig's new pistol)

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by rajl, Apr 18, 2007.

1. rajl

rajl New Member

Sig has a new pistol out, and she's beautiful. I so want it.

Sig P-220 Carry

It seems Sig finally replaced the P-245, but this time they created a pistol by combining a P-220 with a 1911. *sigh* I'm in love. :help:

[​IMG]

2. RepeatDefender

RepeatDefender New Member

:bowdown: to the SIG 220 compact.........WOW!!!

3. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

7 rounds? no thanks.

4. rajl

rajl New Member

7 rounds of .45 ACP? Works fine for me. I loved my friend's 245 when I shot it. If this is just as pleasurable to shoot, I'll be getting the first one I can find.

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Sig's always look so clunky to me. I've never shot one, guess I should. Glocks too... their compact 10mm and .45 are so darn wide.

I think I'll stick with my Kimber.

I did play with an XD45 compact last weekend.... again. That's the closest thing other than my 1911 I think I would carry in .45.

6. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Another 1911 fan, OOOH YAAA!!!!!

Foshizzle,
    I'm with you. When I bought my first .45 it was a P something from SIG about 6 years ago. It was a great shooter but I never got use to the fat handle. So I tried the Glock's and found I didn't like them, so I sold all of them and just about gave up until I handled my first 1911 (Kimber Pro CDPII) and it was love at first shot. And like my wife of 30 years I have been true to the 1911's, all 10 of them in my collection. I do have a nice selection of wheel guns and long guns, but my carry is my 1911's.
    Ok, I have my flame suit on, so all you folks can go ahead and fire.
    :flame: :flame:
    Take care,

7. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Sigs rock! They are very accurate and IMHO are as reliable as a Glock.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Seems to have worked well for many people for the last 96 years. (1911)

I don't own a 1911 YET, but think about this. How many pistols from that era are still carried and used today? None that I can think of other than John M. Browning's masterpiece. (Hi-power came later)

7+1 in .45 ACP will get you out of most jams. Keep another mag or two for a reload and you will fine.

Another plus for the SIG P220 is that Massad Ayoob chose this as his carry piece for many years. He has nothing but praise for all of the Sig P line, but I do believe the P220 is his fav.

9. rajl

rajl New Member

Downrange TV has an nice little review of the P-220. Of course a gun-rag would never give a bad review, but it still makes me want this more.

My only concern would be finding an acceptable holster fitted for such a new gun. I have a feeling it would take awhile.

10. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

You wouldn't want to park a Porsche 911 in a lean-to would you? Same with a nice pistol.

11. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

C'mon now....that is like saying we should all go back to flintlock muskets since it won the Rev. war

12. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Uh.....no.

A flintlock musket is not tactically sound for self defense 200 years after the revolution. However, the 1911 and other lower capacity .45 ACP pistols are still sound designs for self defense and for the military. Most self defense shootings involve less than 10 rounds anyway. A 1911 shooter with a reload or two is well prepared for whatever the streets may throw at him. I don't think that we are going to be engaging zombies anytime soon.

BTW-I do carry a hi-cap pistol as my primary carry. I wouldn't feel any less armed with a 1911 or a P220 on my hip.

The next time you see Wiley beg him to let you shoot that Colt.....I know the design is almost as old as he is :lol: but that Officer's Model is a sweet shooter and a great concealed carry pistol.

13. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

hopefully it only takes one....well maybe two or three for the follow up confirm shots!!! my daily carry is only 7rds nice and compact and fits well.....