NOW FULL - Defensive Handgun Training?

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by Bulldawg182, May 29, 2007.

1. Bulldawg182

Bulldawg182 Active Member

I've always wanted to attend a professional defensive handgun training course and was wondering if anyone else is interested in having a GPDO get together to do so. I noticed there are several links to such courses on this web site but have no idea which is the best. I'd love to make it a couple of day event with real life, tactical lessons on professional and realistic courses. Personally, I'm not interested in just shooting paper at an indoor range and prefer both indoor and outdoor courses set up in real life defensive scenarios.

Anybody else interested in something like this?

2. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

check out www.firearmz.net

I have taken several classes from Ken = very good and reasonable $$

Perhaps if you got enough people together he would teach a class focusing on your requests...I am pretty sure he is a member here, not sure how often he checks in...you can join his forum at the above link...I think there are a few other trainers on board as well but I do not have any experience with any of them...

I would be up for it if my schedule permitted...

3. Bulldawg182

Yep...something like that would be great. They have two day classes for $250 and want you to bring at least 1000 rnds......PERFECT!!! :lol:

They also will accommodate small private groups and will schedule classes accordingly. I can't help but think this would be a great way to spend a Saturday & Sunday and be a valuable learning experience to boot.

4. Purge

Purge Member

I’m interested. :righton:

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Here's another interested attendee.

6. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I don't know if I could swing $250 but I would be very interested in a class with Ken "Firearmz".

7. Bulldawg182

WELL, ALRIGHTY THEN!!! We're getting somewhere on this and I'm glad to see we have a handful of interested members. Let's leave this thread going for a few days to see how many more would like to learn more about this and then we'll call FireArmz to see what we can put together.

8. Dan H

Dan H New Member

You may be able to get a group rate if you have enough people.

9. Bulldawg182

Yep, I thought of that along with the fact that they advertise "free" classes for the individual who puts together the group class. If we get that, we can divide that savings into the number of people attending for further savings.

Let's keep in mind, there's also the cost of 1200 rnds ammo and/or motel expenses too for those who stay over night. Add in a few bucks for food and a few hundred for beer....and it could get a little expensive! :lol: 8) :shock:

10. legacy38

legacy38 Well-Known Member

I'd be interested. My schedule can be a bit tricky, but I'm always up for training.

11. Bulldawg182

I placed a call to Ken at FireArmz this afternoon to find out what he could do for us. He said that if we came on a Sat & Sun that fit his schedule, he could give us a substantial discount and help us out with a nice discount on ammo from Georgia Arms or Atlanta Arms.

I invited him to visit this thread and elaborate so I'm sure we'll see him here soon. In the meantime, he can accommodate up to 12 of us simultaneously by breaking us down into two units of 5 or 6. He'll be giving us his calendar of free weekends soon and we can select dates from that which will work for the majority.

If you're interested in knowing about the discounted price, I'll be happy to give it to you via PM but don't think it's right to publicly post it here unless Ken decides to.

Please continue to show your interest here so we can get a good idea of how many would like to participate.

12. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

I talked to LarryG today via phone and here is what I can do for the forum. I will look at the calendar and give Larry some dates, you all can pick the class and we will do a 2 day class.

I will be getting with Larry on dates.

13. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

You can count me in :!:
    Plus I'll bring the first case of beer :drink:

14. Sine Nomen

Sine Nomen New Member

I can't turn this down

If I'm not out of town for work, I will definitely be there. There's also free space at my place for anyone that wants to stay the night before/after in ATL.

A-T-L-A-N-T-A, man that's just too hard to say
    A-T-L-A-N-T-A, man that's just too hard to say
    We call it A-T-L 'cause it's easy to spell
    We call it A-T-L 'cause we'z illiterate as hell

15. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

If anyone wants to stay in Carrollton that first night I have a local hotel that gives students breaks on prices.

16. Bulldawg182

This from Ken at FireArmz regarding possible dates. Please post your preferences here so we can let him know ASAP. Thanks

From Ken:

"The earliest weekend I have open is August 18th and 19th. How ever I have a few dates already scheduled earlier and if we want to I can move one of those and do it sooner and these are those dates.
    June 9th and 10th or Aug 4th and 5th. If we are going to use one of these I will need to know as soon as possible so that I book no other students.

I have several week days that we can do it on, but most people are going to want a weekend I am sure."

17. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Weekends work best for everyone, I'm sure. The two earlier ones you've proposed work for me now.

18. Mastino177

Mastino177 Member

You guys are going to be in for a great time of both shooting and learning. I've taken three so far and I plan on taking more as the time and funds present themselves.

19. Bulldawg182

Please respond with dates that work for you:

June 9th & 10th
    LarryG2
    Budder

August 4th & 5th
    LarryG2
    Budder

August 18th & 19th
    LarryG2

20. Purge