Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, November is here!

October's results:
Congrats to Zetor for winning the slow fire pistol postal match for October. Won it by a wide margin!
1clearshot and Tmoore912 tied for second place, and I was a few points behind in 3rd place. All with open-sight pistols.

RECAP of KEY RULES AND PROCEDURES, for anybody reading this thread who is not familiar with a postal match.

1.) Click this link or just go to the "What is a Postal Match" sticky thread at the top of the "Competitions" forum. Lots of good information there. http://www.georgiapacking.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18327

2.) Acquire some NRA "B2" bullseye targets. You can buy them retail, mail-order them, download them from the 'net and print them, or just ask me for one. I'll snail-mail you one and you can run it through a copier!
These are the 50-foot fire pistol targets. The black spot is from the 7-ring to the 10-ring, and it's 3 and 1/16 of an inch across. The last scoring ring is the 4, which has a diameter of 7 and 3/8 inches. If you print them from your computer or copy a factory-made one, make sure they come out pretty close to the correct size.

3.) Go to your own favorite shooting range, on your own time, alone or with friends, whatever you want.
After warm-up on other targets or practice targets, pick "THE" target that you will use for this month's competition.
Put it up, shoot it, and then score it and tell us the score here. (NOTE: You can't shoot a bunch of the NRA B2 targets and then pick the best one to use for this match. On the honor system, you have to pick a target and commit to making THAT ONE the one that will count for this month before you put the first bullet hole through it.)

4.) GUNS ALLOWED: All of them. Any of them. The two matches are for 1.) rifles and 2.) handguns. If we get enough shooters with different types of guns, we may break down scores by different divsion, such as "scoped rimfire rifles" or "open sight centerfire rifles." If you're not sure what gun(s) to use, bring your FAVORITE RIFLE or CARBINE, and bring your MOST ACCURATE PISTOL. No matter what sights they might be wearing.

5.) PRIZES: none. You get bragging rights if you do well. If you don't to great, you still get the opportunity to learn and build up your skills and watch your scores climb as you do this over months or years.

6.) ENTRY FEE: None. Just buy your own ammo, targets, and burn up your own gas going to and from the shootin' spot.

7.) HAVE FUN. That's a rule. Failure to follow it will be sanctioned by declaring you ineligible to win any Prize.

8.) COURSE OF FIRE: Rifles shoot the target (same NRA B2 target) at 25 yards. 10 shots in a time limit of 10 minutes. Standing, unsupported except for a sling if you want to use one. Even though the target is called a "50 foot pistol" target, we will use it for rifles at 25 yards. Same target for everybody. We keep it simple.

Pistol shooters shoot from 50 feet, just like the target says. Also 10 shots on one target. Also within 10 minutes. Also using two hands (you can use 1 hand if you like). Also no leaning on the bench, the walls, no sitting in a chair, etc.
(Yeah, it's a small target. But some people can score in the 90s on it. And even a short-barreled defensive pistol with a hard trigger ought to be able to throw all the lead somewhere on the target, with an 8" group or better.)

Good luck for the November SHOOT !!

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
60 points with my compact 9mm carry gun.
10, 9, 7, 6, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, and 4. Big group, about 7 inches diameter.
Ammo was the last of my Winchester Silvertip HP's that were about 17 years old and which I'd been carrying in this gun and some other guns at various times over the years. They were getting tarnished and even a couple spots of corrosion on some of the brass.
But they all worked. (Still, I'm glad they are gone now. Time for some new fresh carry ammo.)

·
Registered
604 Posts
My entry for November

22 pistol 87 points

22 rifle w/ red dot 88 points

Center fire pistol 71 points

Might get around to rifle later

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My .22 open-sighted rifle target:

82 points. 4" group, two shots much too low in the 6-ring.
Score breakdown is: (10x3)+(9)+(8x3)+(7)+(6X2) = 82
Shot with Marlin 39TDS with 16" barrel.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I was rushing last week after .22 shoot at Hi-Caliber.

P220 in .22LR 9,9,8,8,7,7,7,6,6,5=72

Only other handgun I had on me was my MK9....although amazingly accurate at 7 yard, I wasn't sure of using it for 16+ yard. :oops:

If I remember to bring it with me next time, I'll use Sako Quad in .17Mach2 w/ Nikon 4x32 for scoped rifle.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
REMINDER: Just two days left to shoot a target for November. Today and tomorrow.
But if you can't do a target for this match by Wednesday, feel free to get in on the December match!
We do this every month.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts