Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Here's my review 2 sandwiches in:

First of all the location is really weird because the drive thru order station is in the front of the building??? Remember also that during rush hour that area (road work) and 75 and 285 can be a nightmare.

Nice touch they had the whole staff dressed up in camo.

I know I came almost as soon as they opened...but the sandwiches were ready as soon as I paid for it unlike most drive thru's where you have to wait and wait.

The sandwiches were all nice and hot.

The Venison was cooked to medium, a little pink in the middle...not sure if they would do (special request) a medium rare like I really like my deer meat. Venison is an easy meat to overcook if you don't pay attention(very lean). Of the two I ate, the second one was a tiny bit dry on some bites.

Not sure what cut on the deer they are using, looked (and textured) like a back-strap of a pretty good size farm raised animal. Not too gamely, although I like my Venison to have a gamey wild taste. I might be wrong on the particular cut.

They seasoned the meat with looked like cracked black pepper, and some kind of sweet and savory BBQ sauce. Nice tasty blend.

I learned in the streets of Philly's Italian market that the key to a good sandwich is bread selection. Nice cross marked butter top white bread that I think was toasted.

The fried onions on sandwich were okay, but I would rather for them to offer a sautéed mushrooms option. Would have been 1000% better.

The biggest surprise was the price...$5 flat (plus tax). Many years that I travel a lot, I don't get my own hunting season in, so I'm forced to go to a specialty store or the internet...and honestly prices are through the roof. So the pricing was very very fair.

So I give the sandwich an 8.5 out of 10. As a point of reference I was at a restaurant in Minnesota a few years back, and the Venison sandwich I had there was about $12 and a not so tasty mix mash of chopped Venison.

I can only assume that this whole Venison thing is a test campaign...I hope they make it nation-wide then I would never go to Mc Burger King again...this would be my 1,2, and 3 fast food choice. It's the hunter in me.

Edit:
Our children need more, less fat infused, fast food choices, and Venison is an excellent protein choice.

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I do taste testing for a bunch of national chain restaurants, and Arby's is the only one that's not afraid to try lots of new and seemingly ridiculous sandwiches. I can't be specific because of NDA, but I've had stuff from Arby's that was incredibly off the wall, and extremely good. I wasn't involved with the venison sammich, but I will be heading out to that location to give it a try. Thanks for the review and the heads up!

Az

·
Registered
437 Posts
How did Bigfoot like his.....? I wonder if the Cartersville area will have them....I'll check this weekend.

Thanks for the review....

Brian

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How did Bigfoot like his.....? I wonder if the Cartersville area will have them....I'll check this weekend.

Brian
Why do you think I bought 5...

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is the copy and paste for your GPS:

4415 Roswell Rd. NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30342

Here are open hours:

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Brian
Unfortunately I think here is Atl metro that's the only location...I drove 40 minutes to get my venison fix in...hehe

·
Registered
1,566 Posts
It's probably farmed red deer venison as opposed to white tail that hunters are used to. Still something I'd like to try though, if it becomes available at a more convenient location.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
I love the flavor of wild venison

1 - 10 of 10 Posts