Nothng puts me in a foul mood faster

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Boy Racer, Aug 10, 2007.

1. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

...than shooting like crap. I may have just as well flushed 100 rounds of target 9mm down the toilet.

Up to and including 10 yards was OK. Center mass no problem, most of my head shots woulda' been high percentage shots. Full length of the range? Well... I hit the paper. Most of the time.

It's not like they're all consistently high and left or low and left or anything I can pin down and correct.

I can shoot great with my 686.

I shot lousy today with my BE.

Now I'm in a craptastic mood - fair warning.

2. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Well that sucks. Maybe you should go back to the range to get rid of that anger?

3. pro2am

pro2am New Member

You could carry varying caliber sizes...there is something about a BIG BOOM that is satisfying....even if you're shooting like crap.

4. ThetaReactor

ThetaReactor Active Member

Aye. I pay attention to groups with the .22 or the .40. Then I grab the .44 mag and as long as it's on the paper, I'm happy :D.

5. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Oh YEAH!!! Now you're talking... or BOOMING or something. Really cool!!!

:oldtimer:

6. ls1ssdavid

ls1ssdavid New Member

The majority of gun fights (self defense or LEO) are from within 7 Yards or closer. So don't stress 25 yard shots or greater.

7. Boy Racer

Boy Racer New Member

I think about that a lot, and it'll probably allow me to sleep tonight. I am confident with all three of my modern pieces at 25 feet or less. But I can't understand my deficiency at 10 yards plus. :-k

8. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

It's almost certainly something trigger-related, probably anticipating the recoil and slapping the trigger, giving you some really low shots.

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I wonder if I can get Southern Holsters to make me an IWB holster for that?

10. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:up: That'd be awesome. I'll keep an eye out at the show a little later on. :lol: