Not sure what to think.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by foshizzle, Jun 10, 2007.

1. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

What would you think if you read this cite/snip in a training manual used by law enforcement in Georgia?

Vehicle Stops Involving Extremist Group Members by James Kobolt, FBI, Director of the Insitute for Public Safety at Lake Superior State University in Salut Sainte Marie, MI

Members of extremeist groups may reveal their affiliations in a number of ways Firtst, the vehicles they drive often provide clues that can help officers prepare for potential danger before making a stop. Specifically, extremeists' vehicles may sport bumper stickers with antigovernment or pro-gun sentiments; display handmade license plates, plates from juristictions that do not exist, or not plates at all; or fit the description....

2. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I did read that in a training manual used by law enforcement in Georgia.

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

So what did you think about it? Are you on the lookout for NRA stickers?

There is also a nice informative attachment on "Tactical Vehicle Approaches"... right from the pages of "SWAT Magazine".... :lol:

4. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

It was part of a section on extremist groups, and it contained stuff even more alarming than that above. Did you know that a person asserting the Constitution is also a sign of extremism?

I reject the notion that the assertion of the Constitution is extreme.

My position is that 140+ years ago some fellers pointed rifles and such at my ancestors and told them they had to live under the US Constitution. It seems to me that if folks went to that much fuss and bother over we ought to least hold to very black letter of it. It just wouldn't be polite not to do so.