Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I get off work today. Had to teach a Basic Pistol so I am in instructor gear (black shirt with INSTRUCTOR in bold yellow letters, black 5.11 pants and a red cap that has INSTRUCTOR stenciled across the front) carrying my Glock 17 in a Serpa with double mag carrier. Stopped at Krystal to grab some chow and a lady behind me in line asked VERY LOUDLY if I was some sort of FIREARM instructor". I looked around at the other guys in line and then pointed to myself and said "Me?...Nope I am a knitting and crocheting instructor". She looked twice and asked in a smart a$$ tone "Then why would you carry a GUN (very loudly on the gun part)"?

I said "Look lady when guys find out I teach knitting they always try to beat me up so I carry a gun for protection"....and walked off. I could hear the rest of the people in line laughing their butts off. Guy followed me out and asked for a business card to get his wife and daughter a lesson for Christmas and said he loved the way it was handled. She wanted to smart off about the gun and ended up the butt of her own joke. :wink:

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
You, sir, are a terrible, terrible person.

I only wish I could have been there to join in the laughter. 8)

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
Mathar, if that had been caught on tape and placed on Youtube, you'd be a millionaire. I know I would pay you directly to see that. :lol:

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Mather, know why donkeys don't go to college?

Nobody likes a smart ass!

Well, other than me. Way to go dude!!! I love it, although I didn't realize you were quite that quick with a retort. Anyway, good on you mate!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Nice!
:righton:

How do I sign up for the knitting and crochet lessons?

·
69,149 Posts
mathar1 said:
Look, lady, when guys find out I teach knitting they always try to beat me up so I carry a gun for protection
:lol: Those of you who do not know what mathar1 looks like need to run a search for the thread where he was seeking opinions on clothing for a new job - knowing his appearance when you read the thread really completes the joke. Thanks for making me laugh, sir. :D

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,314 Posts
When I was a pimply-faced teenager in high school I worked at McDonald's.
I normally changed into my blue polyester uniform at home, pinned my name badge on my shirt at home, and then drove to work. After I got to work I'd put on the stupid paper hat.

Anyhow, on the way to McDonald's one day I stop for gas. I'm wearing the McDonald's uniform, which in those days could not have possibly been mistaken for anything but a fast-food worker's uniform. The shirt had the McDonald's name and/or golden arches on it. So did my name badge.

And when I walk into the gas station to pay for my fill up (less than ten bucks in the good ol' days), somebody asks me if I work for McDonald's.

I just look them right in the eye, pause for dramatic effect, and say, "No, I just shop for clothing there."

·
Registered
700 Posts
mathar1 said:
So I get off work today. Had to teach a Basic Pistol so I am in instructor gear (black shirt with INSTRUCTOR in bold yellow letters, black 5.11 pants and a red cap that has INSTRUCTOR stenciled across the front) carrying my Glock 17 in a Serpa with double mag carrier. Stopped at Krystal to grab some chow and a lady behind me in line asked VERY LOUDLY if I was some sort of FIREARM instructor". I looked around at the other guys in line and then pointed to myself and said "Me?...Nope I am a knitting and crocheting instructor". She looked twice and asked in a smart a$$ tone "Then why would you carry a GUN (very loudly on the gun part)"?

I said "Look lady when guys find out I teach knitting they always try to beat me up so I carry a gun for protection"....and walked off. I could hear the rest of the people in line laughing their butts off. Guy followed me out and asked for a business card to get his wife and daughter a lesson for Christmas and said he loved the way it was handled. She wanted to smart off about the gun and ended up the butt of her own joke. :wink:
:rotfl2: Did you end it with "Here's your sign?"

·
Registered
4,016 Posts
That was far better than my "smart ass" moment this weekend.

I was Ingles and had picked up a bag of IAMS lamb and rice for our pooch that has severe allergies.

The cashier asked if I could tell the difference in IAMS and cheaper dog foods to which I replied, "Don't know, I've never tried it."

Either he wasn't amused or it went right over his head, not sure which.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
This will, of course, have to be added to my OC arsenal of snappy combacks...

·
Registered
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
SilentGhost said:
mathar1 said:
I am in instructor gear (black shirt with INSTRUCTOR in bold yellow letters, black 5.11 pants and a red cap that has INSTRUCTOR stenciled across the front)
Please tell me this was not YOUR idea for a uniform......:)
The shirts are company. They have Patricks range on the left front and INSTRUCTOR on the back in bold letters so you know who/what we are. The instructor cap is mine ...nylon mesh really comfortable. And the 5.11 I wear ALL the time because they are TOO comfortable and I get lonely without all the pockets. :wink:

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
mathar1 said:
SilentGhost said:
mathar1 said:
I am in instructor gear (black shirt with INSTRUCTOR in bold yellow letters, black 5.11 pants and a red cap that has INSTRUCTOR stenciled across the front)
Please tell me this was not YOUR idea for a uniform......:)
The shirts are company. They have Patricks range on the left front and INSTRUCTOR on the back in bold letters so you know who/what we are. The instructor cap is mine ...nylon mesh really comfortable. And the 5.11 I wear ALL the time because they are TOO comfortable and I get lonely without all the pockets. :wink:
Ok, then I guess I can let you slide... :shattered:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts