not off limits??

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by tony218, Jul 9, 2006.

1. tony218

tony218 New Member

The family and I went to the amc 24 movie house at southlake mall last night to see pirates 2 (i thought it was a waste of money, but thats
    another topic). We purchased tickets on line so we didn't have to wait in the ticket line, also, i didn't see if they had a gunbusters sign on the
    front window.

Anyway we were standing in the little "Q" line waiting to go into the theater and sit down. A clayton co. officer came over and asked how we were doing we said fine how are you ? "Blah,blah." Tthis was at 9:30 pm. Our movie didn't start untill 10:30 pm (we were a little early). I told the officer jokingly that we were thinking of sneeking into the 9:45 pm showing.

He said, "Go see if there are enough seats; if so go ahead." So we did.

The point is: I was wearing an uncle mikes shoulder rig with my Smith 469. I don't know if he noticed it or not but it was strange that he picked me out to start a conversation with.

This was my first time in general public carrying. i was a nervous wreck when he came towards me but all went well.

Sorry this was so long, but just letting ya'll know I think this theatre is safe for carrying.

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Somehow, I completely missed this post.

Although you were nervous, nothing happened.

You were not very clear, though. Were you carrying openly or concealed?

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

The reason I ask?

If you were concealed, he just may not have seen it, which would not lead to the conclusion that the theater is "safe for carrying."

Maybe you just barely escaped arrest, prosecution, and prison, followed by parole.

:jail: :(

4. tony218

tony218 New Member

sorry about that, it was concealed.
    my wife said she could tell i was carrying.
    i don't know if the officer could or not.
    i just thought it was strange that out of all the
    people in the building, i was the one he chose
    to carry on a conversation with, since he had
    to come all the way from the front door to do so.