Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on parents mothers and fathers have been replaced with parent on and parent two.

The gay rights community is happy, and the conservatives are 'outraged.'

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/01 ... latestnews

I wonder if the idea of gay parents prompted this move or was it, such a mess in guardianship?

·
Registered
21 Posts
bdee said:
I wonder if the idea of gay parents prompted this move or was it, such a mess in guardianship?
That's been more than an idea for quite a while now. Women couples have been becoming parents through in vitro for years.

Everyone might as well get used to it, gay marriage is coming. Your president has already stated he's warming up to the idea. The repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" was just the beginning.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Re: Re: Not mother and father, but two parents

mb90535im said:
Yote said:
Everyone might as well get used to it, gay marriage is coming.
Long overdue.
Oh no! It's the end of the world. Two people who love each other and are committed to each other want to get married and raise kids. Let's break out the pitchforks.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Yote said:
Everyone might as well get used to it, gay marriage is coming. Your president has already stated he's warming up to the idea. The repeal of "don't ask, don't tell" was just the beginning.
and they should be allowed to. its not my way, but who am i to say someone else cant be happy? let 'em live their lives in peace. are they any less deserving to be happy than i am?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Maybe I am bound by a different covenant than others. To me, marriage is a holy union under God where a man and a woman become one.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle that God is clearly against. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah come to mind.

Two sides of every fence, I don't straddle the middle nor am I politically correct.

Asbestos suit on............................ :flame:

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Yote said:
Maybe I am bound by a different covenant than others. To me, marriage is a holy union under God where a man and a woman become one.

Homosexuality is a lifestyle that God is clearly against. The destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah come to mind.

Two sides of every fence, I don't straddle the middle nor am I politically correct.

so as humans, how are they any less deserving to be happy than you are? doesnt god love everyone? why should your views be so special that they become someone elses laws?

edited to fix speeling.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I don't care what two consenting adults do to each other or who, out of two consenting adults decide to enter into a legally binding contract together... such as marriage.

Why is the State even regulating such a thing in the first place? The truth is the Fascist religious right is. The State shouldn't even be regulating which two consenting adults enter into a contract.

I'll leave my personal opinions on gay marriage or the gay lifestyle out of it. I just wish people would quit trying to dictate to people what they can and cannot do, who can enter into a contract together, America was supposed to be about freedom and liberty, and we are currently the opposite of that.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
EJR914 said:
I don't care what two consenting adults do to each other or who, out of two consenting adults decide to enter into a legally binding contract together... such as marriage.

Why is the State even regulating such a thing in the first place? The truth is the Fascist religious right is. The State shouldn't even be regulating which two consenting adults enter into a contract.

I'll leave my personal opinions on gay marriage or the gay lifestyle out of it. I just wish people would quit trying to dictate to people what they can and cannot do, who can enter into a contract together, America was supposed to be about freedom and liberty, and we are currently the opposite of that.
now you know thats a little too much logic for a topic like this.....

·
Registered
875 Posts
Yote said:

Well there are millions(billions really) of people who don't believe in your God and don't want to be subject to his ways. So why should they?

Freedom is quite simple. You live how you want to live and let others do the same.

·
Registered
21 Posts
270sniper said:
Yote said:

so as humans, how are they any less deserving to be happy than you are? doesnt god love everyone? why should your views be so special that they become someone elses laws?

edited to fix speeling.
They are no less deserving to be happy. I never said they were. Those are your words. Do they need to be married to be happy? I understand there are priviledges for married couples. Extend those priviledges to gay couples in a civil union.

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Yote said:

Marriage as a religious ceremony is what you describe here and any religion is welcome to have their rules and restrictions on who may partake in that ceremony.

Marriage as a legal contract is a civil legal matter governed by the government which is prevented from endorsing a particular religion and it's views by the First Amendment and the privileges granted by the government under that contract cannot be denied to citizens under the 14th Amendment.

Had the government never called the legal document by the same name as the religious ceremony this would likely be a non-issue. As a side note, if God is so against homosexuality why doesn't he do anything about it? I haven't heard of fire and brimstone raining down on any gay pride parades lately. Maybe he changed his mind and the old rules don't apply anymore (kinda like you don't have to stone your kid for acting up anymore either).

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can be FOR the right for gays to marry, but AGAINST it morally.

Just like I am FOR the right of free free speech, but morally AGAINST a lot of the things people chose to say.

In the end though, the religious act of marriage and the legal act of marriage should be to entirely separate things.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Campeck1911 said:
Well there are millions(billions really) of people who don't believe in your God and don't want to be subject to his ways. So why should they?

Freedom is quite simple.
And they don't have to be.....but it's my belief that one day they will be.

You live how you want to live and let others do the same.
I do and I am. By discussing this on a forum, I am in no way prohibiting anyone from living the life they want to live. But ask yourself, should we all be allowed to live our lives the way we want? Think about that one before you answer.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No subject like this one to separate Conservatives and Libertarians.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OverTork said:
In the end though, the religious act of marriage and the legal act of marriage should be to entirely separate things.
Why not create civil unions for everyone and let whatever religion you belong to call it whatever they want?

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
jlcnuke said:
As a side note, if God is so against homosexuality why doesn't he do anything about it? I haven't heard of fire and brimstone raining down on any gay pride parades lately. Maybe he changed his mind and the old rules don't apply anymore (kinda like you don't have to stone your kid for acting up anymore either).
God hasn't destroyed us, as he did Sodom and Gomorrah, yet. Maybe our downfall will be our own fault. Maybe financial. Maybe it will be The People getting tired of a tyrannical, unconstitutional government. Who knows?

Once Jesus came, didn't the rules change, though? Isn't God more hands off until Jesus comes back? As in no more flood, no more manna or fire and brimstone from heaven?

Just trying to remember back. Not saying I know or anything.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
bdee said:
OverTork said:
Why not create civil unions for everyone and let whatever religion you belong to call it whatever they want?
Well said, bdee. :righton:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
270sniper said:
EJR914 said:

now you know thats a little too much logic for a topic like this.....
:lol:

·
Registered
21 Posts
jlcnuke said:
As a side note, if God is so against homosexuality why doesn't he do anything about it?
Who says he isn't doing anything about it? Our country is in a mess. It's been in a decline for a while now. As this country turns more and more away from God, the worse it gets. Coincidence?

side note: My sister is gay. She has been with her partner for over 20 years. They both have had children through in vitro and from the same sperm donor. Do I love her? Yes. Do I want her to be happy? Yes. Do I wish her the best? Yes. Do I approve of her lifestyle? Absolutely not. Does she know my feelings? Absolutely.

1 - 20 of 208 Posts