NOT in Diaper Bags

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by Nemo, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Never. Not even if you carry a crap gun.

Nemo

https://www.foxnews.com/us/chuck-e-cheese-gun-diaper-bag-baby-girl

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Well that certainly gives new meaning to that old three word idiom! :lol:

3. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Chuck E Cheese says it all.

4. Nemo

3 Words?

Chuck E. Cheese?

I have heard people take about those things, but no one ever mentions what they really are. One of those things like-- you know, people talk, word gets around, you hear things.

Nemo

5. phantoms

phantoms Senior Mumbler

6. Nemo

7. moe mensale

No. Shoot the sh*t.

8. moe mensale

Diaper bag. Crap gun. I see what you did there! :righton:

But if you absolutely must, at least have it in a holster.

9. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I usually keep my pistol in its holster even when I'm not "wearing" the holster.
    ** SEE PIC BELOW ***

Such as when carrying the weapon in a bag briefcase or just bundled in my arms with a bunch of other junk moving between my house and my vehicle .

But, this means that I cannot use the pistol until I pull it out of the holster, which requires both hands. I cannot simply shake the gun and holster rig and expect the holster to fall off leaving the weapon ready to function.
    and since the holster fully covers the trigger and trigger guard, I can't shoot with the holster in place-- not even if I were willing to risk a jam in order to get off one shot in a hurry .

So this is a drawback to using that extra safety feature of carrying the pistol in the holster but not with that holster strapped to your body .

10. gunsmoker

11. Nemo

That looks like most carry holsters I use. But ALL OWB of mine have some type of retention strap/snap on it. I will not carry OWB when its just slid into a holster. On the rare chance I would go with that owb it would be with my belt coming on the outside of firearm area holding extra pressure on it against my body.

I do go strapless if its IWB as in an Alien Gear.

Nemo

12. moe mensale

But it keeps your booger finger off the trigger which is the point. I occasionally throw my XDM in the car console but it's in the Serpa holster. I can live with that.

13. gunsmoker

well that's true it is safer. You know just the other day I had my own unholsterd, bare, ready-to-go 9 mm on the coffee table next to my reading chair and I decided that the coffee table was too dusty, so I took all of the things from the coffee table and set them on the chair when I went to dust the table top.

Well, I did not place the pistol properly on the seat of the chair and it slid off towards the floor. And what did I do? Did I just stand there and watch it hit the floor with a thump like I should have?
    Nooooooo....
    I grabbed at it!

And where did one of my fingers land? It went inside the trigger guard!
    Do you want to guess and where the muzzle was pointing when the gun finally came to a stop, compressed between my clawlike hand and the upholstery of the chair ?

It was pointing towards my face!

Luckily, the gun was falling down when I was grabbing at it, so any pressure my finger exerted on the trigger would have been upward pressure trying to pull the trigger forward towards the muzzle.

My finger actually hooked the trigger from behind.

Had the gun been falling muzzle down and had my finger gone onto the face of the trigger, and if my pistol had a little bit lighter of a trigger pull than it actually does, it's possible that I might've fired the gun in my own living room. But under those circumstances the barrel would have been pointing towards the floor.
    Not at me or any other person.

14. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Glad you did not shoot yourself in the face.

15. moe mensale

What about the rest of him? :lol:

16. Craftsman

Craftsman Well-Known Member

Back to the original problem. Most women's clothing doesn't even have pockets, much less tailoring that will allow for comfortable on-body carry. Purses, Diaper bags, etc. are going to be where many women carry or they simply will go unarmed. It would be helpful if we could develop better holsters and procedures to improve "accessory" carry rather than just laughing at the problem. That is unless you like the shooting range being a pure sausage-fest and having women largely vote against "icky" guns.

17. zxd9

zxd9 Active Member

My wife tries to buy purses with spaces designed for a firearm. Realistically it's where a women is going to carry unless you dress around your firearm and most women won't do that. The plus side of a purse is that most people would never expect a gun in one so she can get away with carrying almost everywhere without drawing attention.