Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Switched from using an Iphone on one carrier to a new carrier using a samsung andriod phone.

I don't get texts from iphone users now.
I get all my texts from everyone else.

Tech support was no help. I switched all pics and contacts via Icloud.

Does anyone know what the problem is ?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I switched phones when the speakers went out of my old one and for a while I wasn’t getting texts from contacts on the new phone. They were going to my old phone despite no service on the old phone. I had to delete contacts and re enter them on the new phone

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
As @45_Fan mentioned you need to de-register your phone number with Apple. They run their own iMessage server instead of using old school SMS. It's how they support large media attachments and other stuff not supported by SMS. Once you de-register you should start getting SMS messages from iPhone users again.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did the deregister with apple .
Still not getting texts from iphones.

did notice iphone users names don't correspond with contacts.

I was wondering if my old carrier verizon could have something to do with it.

·
Registered
9,391 Posts
The next step is to get a friendly iPhone user and see if they are sending from their iCloud account ([email protected]), their phone number (as SMS) or both. If they are sending from iCloud only and have you only saved as an iCloud contact ([email protected]), then this is why you don’t see the message. I would hope they see a reject or bounce when they try though.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got this reply from android central.

The people trying to message you may need to delete and start a new messaging 'thread' with you so as to be sure to move it from iMessage protocol to SMS.

·
Registered
8,599 Posts
I bought a new (last year) Motorola phone. Took me a few days to get Verizon to make the change on their end to allow text messages to work. The Motorola phone came with an instruction sheet warning Verizon users to do this. Quite a pain, internet chat with Verizon customer service went nowhere. Had to visit a Verizon store with the instruction sheet.

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
And I thought I had problems getting the damn text mess disabled on my dumb phone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts