Not all permit holders use sound judgement

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Macktee, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Macktee

Macktee New Member

Unfortunately, the Brady Bunch is bound to get it right occasionally...

If only people would follow this simple driving rule, which I'm proud to say is the law in Kentucky:

"Drive Right - Pass Left",

highways would be far less stressful places.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070223/ap_ ... 0pz3wZ.3QA

Yahoo! News
    Woman allegedly shoots at tailgater

Fri Feb 23, 5:25 PM ET

A woman who told authorities she was fed up with tailgaters pulled out a gun and shot at the tires of a pickup that got too close, police said. Officials believe the bullet missed the pickup, and no one was hurt.

Bernadette Headd, 39, was in rush-hour traffic Wednesday in suburban Detroit when the pickup pulled behind her, police said.

Headd changed lanes and fired one round from a 9 mm handgun, police said. The driver followed her and flagged down a deputy, who stopped her and found the weapon.

"She said she was tired of people tailgating her," Macomb County Sheriff Mark Hackel said.

Headd, who had a permit to carry a concealed weapon, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon, discharge of a firearm from a vehicle and use of a firearm during a felony.

She was ordered held on $50,000 bond.

2. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

:shakehead:

I hope she enjoys her stay in :jail:

3. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Strange, Packing.org says "Illinois has *no* provision for legal concealed or open carry by citizens." Maybe she's an Alderman :D

4. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Duuuh, Michigan.

Where's my helmet...

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Lol... this is why I think the criminal justice system is F'd up.

http://www.newsok.com/video/102090

These guys got a 20,000 bond. For an armed robbery.

(It's an interesting video btw... almost worthy of a new topic)

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Maybe the robber did not actually shoot at the person, like this criminal lady did. I do not hink her bond was set too high. It may very well be too low. I really do not think this is an example of any problem in the criminal justice sytem, although the armed robber's bond certianly does seem too low.