Northstar Guns in Acworth

Discussion in 'Ranges, Dealers & Smiths' started by AeroShooter, Aug 30, 2007.

1. AeroShooter

AeroShooter Active Member

I visited Northstar Guns in Acworth yesterday.

www.NorthstarGuns.com

It is a small shop but has a nice selection of current firearms.

They have Georgia Arms ammo in stock

John, whom I presume is the shop owner, allowed me to leave a stack of GCO cards. Hopefully we'll hear from him on the boards soon.

2. tace

tace New Member

you sure that's the correct web site?

3. AeroShooter

4. Lightsped

Lightsped Guest

What street/intersection is this gunshop located at?

5. pro2am

pro2am New Member

This is the same guy that does locksmithing too. I believe we have a thread about his shop here somewhere.

6. AeroShooter

Main & Hwy 293

7. grayelky

grayelky New Member

Northstar Lock, Safe and Gun is located at 4500 Main Street, Acworth. The phone number is 770-974-7774. This is across the street from the old Day's Chevrolet location, or just north from the new intersection which comes from I-75 if you get off at Hwy. 92.

Yes, he is a locksmith, and has been running his own business for over 6 years. The gun shop is not a year old yet. We will do transfers for $20.00. I'll stick my neck out. See me and mention the forum, and it will be $15.00.

Sorry, you won't hear from John on this, or any other board. He does not do forums. HOWEVER, I do. I work there. We are getting low on the cards you dropped off, but I have made contact and some more will be in the mail to us Monday.

John, and his shop, are strong supporters of Law Enforcement and the US Constitution. I suspect you will see some evidence of his support for this board in the future. In the mean time, if I can be of any assistance to anyone here, please feel free to contact me.

Luther / grayelky

8. grayelky

grayelky New Member

Regarding Northstar's web site: Yes, it is under construction. I am doing my part to see if we can get a new construction crew chief. Right now, a very nice lady named Claire is the front runner for my vote.

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:) I hope you get her. She does top notch work!

10. Claire

Claire New Member

haha - now I know who dropped off the GCO biz cards

budder thanks for the compliments

It was great talking to Luther!

psst - I might have to give him commissions for promoting my work

anyone who stops by there and ya'll like southern food Daddy's across the street has a yummy lunch buffet

11. pro2am

pro2am New Member

+1 for Daddy's. I personally like the breakfast buffet.

Its a cash only place...don't even think about a credit card.

12. Claire

Claire New Member

I heard breakfast was good. I haven't been there for breakfast yet.

its cash only & they don't give ya a bill for the buffet. You just go to the cash register & let 'em know how many people ate off the food.

13. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Disappointed

I stopped by the store today to get a lock re-keyed...the store hours on the door stated open until 4 p.m. today...but the door was locked tight at 2 p.m.

One other disappointment...at just about eye level in nice lettering it says, "Unless you're first name is OFFICER, Do Not bring a loaded gun in this store".

Oh well. There are other locksmiths...and gun stores that I can give my money to.

14. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

I can think of some guys that won't like that preferential treatment one bit. Just to name a few: Deputy, Sheriff, Chief, Sergeant, Lieutenant, Captain, Detective, Agent...

15. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

Re: Disappointed

Well don't that just stink. Hopefully they get plenty of Officer business, they wont get mine.

16. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

oh noes

Okay, who had the image of the guy saying
    OH NO, NOT THIS SH :censored: AGAIN !

17. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

what I'll do

What I'll do is follow the "no loaded guns" rule.
    Probably.
    Or maybe I'll leave my loaded and concealed gun where it is and not touch it, or show it, or even talk about it, as I briefy stop by their store.
    But what I won't do is get all upset about their policy that they probably have madated by their insurance company. And I certainly won't go bashing them in a thread intended to introduce this new business to our groups and G.C.O.

There are many other threads here about how many gun stores, shooting ranges, and gun shows have rules against civilians carrying loaded guns on the property. Feel free to use the search feature and take up the subject there.

18. Match10

Match10 Active Member

You may do as you see fit. So shall I.

19. psrumors

psrumors Well-Known Member

Re: what I'll do

Good for you. I find the "sign" information as helpfull as the statement "nice selection of current firearms". It helps me make an informed decision of whether to go to cr-acworth to visit the establisment.

20. smith1907

smith1907 Guest

Re: oh noes

[​IMG]
    According to this site there are no good shops in Georgia:

Pannells is rude

Nicks is expensive and are mean

Adventure Outdoors are jerks for making us check our guns and their ppl do not know anything

WWT is the same..
    Bullseye charges ppl who break their stuff
    AND

Northstar hates ppl who carry guns but are not LEO

They all stink for charging for transfers

did I miss anything :roll: I have not seen ANY of these problems ppl here have at WWT or AA or or Nicks, Pannells...so I think I will check out this place since it is close by..maybe if I am not horrible to them they will turn out to be a great shop.