Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have reciprocity in NC?

THanks in Advance

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Yes, but research and follow their laws. Signs carry legal weight, and don't get caught in a place that serves alcohol, none at all. As I read it, even an Applebees is off limits. There's also a duty to inform an officer, if you get stopped.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
stuk in irak said:
According to the information on this site's "Reciprocity" page, yes.
Gonna see my middle son off he's headed to your location AGAIN. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NullMatrix said:
Just don't go carrying in NC when they have a declared state of emergency. Which they seem to do frequently.
Yikes I hope the snow melts before Friday.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
If you're going on to Ft. Bragg, or any other military reservation, know the regulation for that facility. None will allow carry. Some will allow transport of an unloaded firearm, if say the weapon's in the trunk, and the ammo's in the glove compartment. No two posts are the same.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
slammy said:
Do we have reciprocity in NC?

THanks in Advance
Yes i was there and CC only though

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,724 Posts
the state of emergency might be in effect till new years...also bans the sale of booze and other things...i guees the bordering states will increase their sales if so

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Wow just printed out NC carry laws, what a mess, they need an organization like GCO.

Open carry is kinda legal unless someone calls the police then you can be charged with "going armed to the terror of the people" :screwy:

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,724 Posts
slammy said:
Wow just printed out NC carry laws, what a mess, they need an organization like GCO.

Open carry is kinda legal unless someone calls the police then you can be charged with "going armed to the terror of the people" :screwy:
not so much...open carry is not a sufficient reason for GATTOP

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
rmodel65 said:
slammy said:

Thought I read that somewhere...... here http://www.ncrpa.org/ccwfaq.htm

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,724 Posts
slammy said:
rmodel65 said:
slammy said:

Thought I read that somewhere...... here http://www.ncrpa.org/ccwfaq.htm
you can be charged with anything...but from case law stuff ive read on OCDO its not a real reason..you gotta be threatening the public to get that charge rightfully

·
Registered
461 Posts
rmodel65 said:
slammy said:

THIS

I was stationed in NC and OC'd a lot. There are 3 conditions that ALL must be met before being charged with GATTOP. You must intend to cause terror, You must be carrying a deadly weapon, and you must be going out on the public highways (up for interpretation). Not to mention it is not an NC statute. It is an old common law that has been on the books for a LONG time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts