Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would carrying a shotgun up in Pisgah Forest be a problem? I'm aware I can carry a handgun but what about a long gun? I'm not going hunting but would I get hassled?

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
http://www.ncwildlife.org/NewsReleases/ ... stions.htm
Under game land regulations, it is unlawful to possess a firearm or bow and arrow on a game land at any time, except:

•During the open hunting seasons for game birds and game animals
•When the firearm is cased or not immediately available for use
•When possessed and used by participants in field trials on field trial areas
•When possessed and used on target shooting areas designated by the landowner
•When possessed in designated camping areas for defense of persons and property
This was discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44722&hilit=tsali

Edit: From first link:
National forests in North Carolina, such as Nantahala, Pisgah, Uwharrie and Croatan, are designated as game lands and all state game-land regulations apply.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So basically its a big no no....

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Well you can have it "in designated camping areas for defense of persons and property".
And
QUESTION: I hold a North Carolina concealed carry permit. May I carry my concealed carry firearm on game lands when it isn’t a hunting season?

ANSWER: Game land regulations allow .22 caliber pistols, with barrels not greater than seven and a half inches in length and shooting only short, long or long rifle ammunition, to be carried as a sidearm on game lands at any time, other than by hunters during the special bow and arrow and muzzleloading deer hunting seasons.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A .22? Id rather use a macette. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if the" not for immediate use" could construed as unloaded and slung over my shoulder.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Crazydave said:
I wonder if the" not for immediate use" could construed as unloaded and slung over my shoulder.
I don't see why not, but a LEO and/or judge might see it differently.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Crazydave said:
A .22? Id rather use a macette. Thanks for the info.
When the SHTF you take the machete, I'll take the .22 pistol. :mrgreen:

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,862 Posts
North Carolina doesn't allow firearms carry in their state parks, unless it's an area where hunting is allowed. Even then, you may only be allowed to carry long guns in those areas. Not positive, though.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Phil1979 said:
North Carolina doesn't allow firearms carry in their state parks, unless it's an area where hunting is allowed. Even then, you may only be allowed to carry long guns in those areas. Not positive, though.
The OP has asked about the Pisgah National Forest, although that's good to know about State Parks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh well, we all gotta do what we gotta do...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts