North Atlanta GCO picnic 3 June 18

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by DonT, May 24, 2018.

1. DonT

DonT Deplorable bitter clinger.

The North Atlanta GeorgiaCarry.org chapter is having a picnic on June 3rd, 2018, at Kennworth Park in Acworth. Members, non-members, and family welcome to attend! We'll be grilling burgers and dogs, and we'll be located at the picnic pavilion towards the back of the park. 1 pm to 5 pm. It's a potluck, so we are asking for help in paper products, drinks/coolers/ice, sides/chips, desserts, from those who may attend. If you can go, let me know here!

Come out with your favorite carry piece, openly or concealed, and bring the family! I hope some of you can hang out with us.

https://cobbcounty.org/index.php?op...ticle&id=96:kennworth-park&catid=9&Itemid=401

2. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

I will tentatively plan to attend. That is about 10 minutes from me.

3. Glockenator

Maybe if I say I won't be there, more people will chime in and say they will attend. Kinda like when I leave a job, they always have a going away party, and I'm not invited. :mrgreen:

(also bumping this, so it shows up in Recent Posts)

4. DonT

Well, we hope YOU can make it! Along with anyone else who can!

5. Glockenator

I'm surprised I haven't received an email from GCO about this, and didn't see anything on their website when I checked a few days ago.

Hopefully, there will be some banners or signs at the event, and it will gain us some more members.

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I’m planning on coming. My better half will probably stay home.

DonT likes this.
  7. Glockenator

DonT - if you are heading up this cookout, on behalf of GCO, is there any way you can get GCO to send out an email about it? I just received an update email from them on the current raffle (which I know I am gonna win - because the M1A is the coolest civilian rifle ever, this M1A has my name all over it, and I haven't won any raffle in over 20 years, so I am due for a win :mrgreen:), and I was hoping to see mention of this cookout in that email, but didn't. Not all members of GCO are active in this forum, so an email from them to members might generate more interest. Just a friendly suggestion - as I would love to see this cookout recruit more members to GCO. :righton:

(and this is just another thread bump, to keep it visible)

8. DonT

Thanks, Glockenator. I'll see if I can get GCO to email on this.

9. Glockenator

DonT - do you know if this cookout will still be happening if the weather is bad? I know it's under a pavilion, but...

(also another bump to keep this visible)

10. DonT

We are planning on rain or shine, but...if it looks real bad, we may cancel.

11. Squid

Squid Gun pecan

WTH, I'm coming. What do you need?

12. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

Its a chapter picnic, We thought we would have more interest from chapter members. You havents gotten a GCO email because neither Don or I asked Jerry to send it.

13. budone1967

budone1967 Die Hard GCO Recruiter

Chips, drinks and more people

14. gungeek

gungeek Member

Buddy/Don - I'm out of town this weekend or you know I'd be there!

15. Glockenator

So far, very few people have said they were going. That was the reason for my suggestion several days ago that GCO send out an email. ;)

I suppose I will plan on bringing some sweet tea and some chips. Just so the 3 or 4 people don't all bring the same thing. :mrgreen:

DonT likes this.
  16. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The weather has been so "iffy" lately for outsoor weekend events.

Even today calls for a high chance of rain in the afternoon.

I'm taking my nephew and his wife shooting today. Outdoors. But our plan is to do it from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Good luck with the GCO meet up and grill-out.

17. DonT

Thanks, Glockenator and Squid for showing today! We had a good cookout and picnic, and just finished up before it rained for a few minutes. And thanks to my old friend Adam5 for coming, too.

18. Glockenator

Thanks for organizing it DonT. It was fun.

19. Squid

Squid Gun pecan

Sorry that I didn't reply.

Thanks DonT and whoever else was there.

Also, DonT, I was surprised that you id'ed my pistol as an M9 instead of a 92FS.