Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who/where's a good dealer in or near Norcross? I don't need a wide gun selection on hand (I'll already know what I want when I get there), just good prices and knowledgeable staff.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,946 Posts
You have several choices:

1. Southeastern Firearms on Indian Trail
2. The Gun Store on Buford Highway (about a mile north of Beaver Ruin)
3. Tucker Gun on Lawerenceville Highway (really nice store)
4. Bulls Eye on Crogan in Lawrenceville
5. If none of those work for you, try the Eastman Gunshow at the N. Atlanta Trade Center. May 5-6
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
If you are willing to go a little bit out of your way...400 Loan and Pawn has a good selection. It is near the North Georgia Outlets.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is the place on Buford HWY called 'David's Gun Room' or something like that? Anyone been there before? I went over there at lunch today. Pretty dang good handgun selection, lots of staff (4 people working that I saw).

I'm completely ignorant about their prices, as I've never price shopped in N. Ga. They had various new Kimber .45s for anywhere from $1050 to $1300 or so. Not worse than I've seen elsewhere I guess. (I think I saw a Les Bauer (sp.?) for $1900? Is that right? :shock: ) Had a used S&W 686 in .357 Mag on consignment for about $450. It looked clean, but that's maybe a little higher a retail price than I've seen valuation as a market rate for the 686M I've got. Maybe the market went up; how would I know.

Nice store, pretty close to me. I'll go back for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
Boy Racer said:
Is the place on Buford HWY called 'David's Gun Room' or something like that? Anyone been there before?
Yes. Yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,946 Posts
Boy Racer said:
Is the place on Buford HWY called 'David's Gun Room' or something like that? Anyone been there before? I went over there at lunch today. Pretty dang good handgun selection, lots of staff (4 people working that I saw).

I'm completely ignorant about their prices, as I've never price shopped in N. Ga. They had various new Kimber .45s for anywhere from $1050 to $1300 or so. Not worse than I've seen elsewhere I guess. (I think I saw a Les Bauer (sp.?) for $1900? Is that right? :shock: ) Had a used S&W 686 in .357 Mag on consignment for about $450. It looked clean, but that's maybe a little higher a retail price than I've seen valuation as a market rate for the 686M I've got. Maybe the market went up; how would I know.

Nice store, pretty close to me. I'll go back for sure.
Thats the name. I went there a couple months ago, and the guys there were so nice, I bought something just for general purposes. I forget to mention Classic Marksman on Peachtree Industrial and Medlock.
 

·
Atlanta Overwatch
Joined
·
13,863 Posts
Boy Racer said:
Is the place on Buford HWY called 'David's Gun Room' or something like that? Anyone been there before? I went over there at lunch today. Pretty dang good handgun selection, lots of staff (4 people working that I saw).

I'm completely ignorant about their prices, as I've never price shopped in N. Ga. They had various new Kimber .45s for anywhere from $1050 to $1300 or so. Not worse than I've seen elsewhere I guess. (I think I saw a Les Bauer (sp.?) for $1900? Is that right? :shock: ) Had a used S&W 686 in .357 Mag on consignment for about $450. It looked clean, but that's maybe a little higher a retail price than I've seen valuation as a market rate for the 686M I've got. Maybe the market went up; how would I know.

Nice store, pretty close to me. I'll go back for sure.
That's where I bought the Baby Eagle .45 that I used to have. I've picked a few odds and there since. Friendly people and fair prices.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
In the Norcross area, you won't find much better than David's Gun Room. Broad selection,decent prices and helpful people. American Classic(where I shoot) is good people, and Southeastern is good depending on who's there.

Eastman Gun Shows comes to the North Atlanta Trade Center(just off of I-85) every three months or so. The next show is July 14-15. Good deals there if you know where to look. Happy Hunting! :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
BigRatt said:
helpful people
I disagree slightly. The bald guy has an attitude problem, and doesn't know squat about gun laws, despite trying to tell others what he thinks they are.

The rest of the people there are great to deal with, have nothing but respect for their customers, and are very helpful.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Rammstein said:
BigRatt said:
helpful people
I disagree slightly. The bald guy has an attitude problem, and doesn't know squat about gun laws, despite trying to tell others what he thinks they are.
If it's who I think you're talking about, I'm about to disturb you: I overheard him one day talking about training to be a LEO!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,946 Posts
I was in there today, and the big bald guy was very nice to me, although he wouldn't let me use my debit card for a purchase under $10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
859 Posts
The bald guy has always been nice to me. I've really never had a problem with any of them. I've seen one of them be a dick to someone who asked him for a screwdriver to adjust something on his rifle. "Do you want me to shoot it for you too?" wasn't a necessary answer IMO. But as I said, they're either nice or at worst indifferent to me depending on their mood that day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
BigRatt said:
Rammstein said:
BigRatt said:
helpful people
I disagree slightly. The bald guy has an attitude problem, and doesn't know squat about gun laws, despite trying to tell others what he thinks they are.
If it's who I think you're talking about, I'm about to disturb you: I overheard him one day talking about training to be a LEO!
go figure....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
I've never had any problem with him myself, but sometimes people rub you the wrong way. There's a guy at Tucker Gun on Lawrenceville Highway, probably not a bad fellow, but he can't complete any sentence without cussing at least twice. Left me with a bad first impression.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
BigRatt said:
I've never had any problem with him myself, but sometimes people rub you the wrong way.
That's probably what it was, because I bought my first Glock from HIM at the same store. He was pleasant to deal with that time.

However, the second time around he was not. I had the intention of buying another pistol that day, but his actions just soured everything and I left.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
6,624 Posts
Rammstein said:
BigRatt said:
I've never had any problem with him myself, but sometimes people rub you the wrong way.
That's probably what it was, because I bought my first Glock from HIM at the same store. He was pleasant to deal with that time.

However, the second time around he was not. I had the intention of buying another pistol that day, but his actions just soured everything and I left.
You should have told him (and someone above him) that right before you left. That sort of feedback can go a long way.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,798 Posts
AV8R said:
Rammstein said:
BigRatt said:
I've never had any problem with him myself, but sometimes people rub you the wrong way.
That's probably what it was, because I bought my first Glock from HIM at the same store. He was pleasant to deal with that time.

However, the second time around he was not. I had the intention of buying another pistol that day, but his actions just soured everything and I left.
You should have told him (and someone above him) that right before you left. That sort of feedback can go a long way.
You're right. I should have done that, but at the time I just wanted to leave.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
935 Posts
Bald Guy, which store is he at

Is this guy @ Davids, and about early 30's, and it's more of a shaved
head than age related baldness ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
935 Posts
Guy

I think I heard he did become an LEO, but I know he's a Doctor, because
he cured me of ever going back. I called next day to advise the owner,
never heard back. I'm sure it's my loss, cause it looked like a pretty good store.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top