Non Extinguishable Matches. With video.

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Deek, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Deek

Deek Active Member

Thought some of the preppers among us would be interested in this product. If you're ever in a situation where you say to your self, "I wish I had a match that I could light, bury in sand then soak in water, dust it off and it would keep burning where it left off", then this is for you.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=13b_1291436411

Some company info available at link.

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

Brigade Quatermasters used to sell those labeled "British Lifeboat Matches". I took a plastic container of the down to jungle warfare training in Panama and never, Ever had one of them fail to light up a good fire even after riverine operations all day long. They're moderately expensive, but they're Worth it when nothing else will work.

3. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

OT: does anybody remember/know who plays the music in the video?

4. pml

pml Active Member

They are always in my pack when I'm hunting in CO, one of several fire starter systems that I carry in the mountains.

5. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

As dangerous as a gun
    when a gun goes-off, it's over quick
    when these go, they just keep on going

6. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Sort of like that green waterproof cannon fuse.
    Burns underwater, even. But these are matches, so they light with just a strike on the box.

P.S. If the box and matches get wet before you try to light them, still no problem, right?

7. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

When I finally got out of the water after a couple hours, the canister I had was half full of salt water. Everything worked fine when I needed fire two days later. I'd suspect they'd light even in a hurricane.