Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was going to pickup lunch after leaving the courthouse, so I slid my Taurus 24/7 Pro C in an Uncle Mikes IWB holster into my pants at the 5:00 position under my sportcoat. It should have been apparent to a trained eye, and pretty obvious if I leaned over or bent forward.

I was in line with a good-sized crowd at Subway; as I was preparing to leave I noticed that the guy one person behind me was LEO (well, he had a windbreaker with "POLICE" on the back of it). I had my back, and gun, to him all that time. If he did notice, he didn't say a thing. No evil eye or anything as I left. No black & whites in the parking lot. :)

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I carried openly in Covington Georgia for about two years everyday. Never even had so much as a comment. I had plenty of times when I saw LEO, they saw me, looked down, smiled, and then we both went on our way.

I think you'll find the officers of Newton Co. and the City of Covington to be very pro-carry, and even if he/she had noticed, it would not have mattered to him/her.

There are a bunch of good officers over there, and I've met quite a few of them. You really do have to love departments like the ones around here.

I think you'll find in Walton Co., where we both live, the officers are quite the same. As well as Social Circle Department of Public Safety.

I've never been bothered once by any officer from Newton, Rockdale, or Walton Co's. :righton:

·
I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,221 Posts
Ditto for my experience here.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Am I missing something? You had a compact firearm in an IWB holster UNDER a jacket? How exactly is this a "non-encounter"? Are you saying that the LEO should have noticed a slight printing and even if he did should have assumed it a firearm and not a cell phone?

·
Registered
4,230 Posts
EJR914 said:
I carried openly in Covington Georgia for about two years everyday. Never even had so much as a comment. I had plenty of times when I saw LEO, they saw me, looked down, smiled, and then we both went on our way.

I think you'll find the officers of Newton Co. and the City of Covington to be very pro-carry, and even if he/she had noticed, it would not have mattered to him/her.

There are a bunch of good officers over there, and I've met quite a few of them. You really do have to love departments like the ones around here.

I think you'll find in Walton Co., where we both live, the officers are quite the same. As well as Social Circle Department of Public Safety.

I've never been bothered once by any officer from Newton, Rockdale, or Walton Co's. :righton:
It's because you carry a gun... :bigshock:

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
I've been carrying openly in the Conyers area for only about a month, mostly because my primary weapon is unavailable and currently only able to carry a larger .22 magnum revolver and can't find any decent concealment holsters for it. Thus far all of my experiences have also been non-encounters. Was at Subway myself this evening when a Conyers LEO entered and was behind me in line. This was the closest I've gotten to a LEO while openly carrying so was initially a bit concerned but realized quickly it was no big deal. I'm starting to enjoy carrying openly and comfortably.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts