Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by a local restaurant today for lunch and, lo and behold, there was another GCO member there. We sat together and chatted for a short while. We were both armed.

A couple of tables over sat two of Conyers' finest. At another table were two of Rockdale's finest. No one else was in the restaurant at the time, and the place is quite small. Four LEOs and two GCOers.

No one got tazed. No one got arrested. No one said a terse word. No bragging and "roostering" from the GCOers, and no "only ones" attitude from the LEOs. No personal firearms leaped from their holsters and started firing at small puppies and cute school girls. No negligent discharges.

The owner even brought me a free sweet tea.

A complete non-event.

Of course all that could have changed drastically if Iceman had been there, a well-known troublemaker.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
You still should have screamed AIFTG at the top of your lungs for good measure. :righton:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I had peanut butter on toasted ciabatta for lunch. Yummy

·
I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,221 Posts
Situation Normal - nice. I love living here.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
You also didn't mention any blood flowing in the streets. As many media reports will tell us if there were 6 people with 6 guns in a single room there would certainly be blood in the streets.

·
I'm kind of a big deal
5,243 Posts
JeF4y said:
I had peanut butter on toasted ciabatta for lunch. Yummy
Ham and cheese sammich here.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
So wait, there was no OK Corral style shoot out? That can't be right

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Encounter? yawn.

shamalama, you know it doesn't count if you (or the other GCO member) knows at least half the LEOs in the restaurant.

Of course, that restaurant on any given afternoon during the lunch hour is probably more secure than Fort Knox....another reason this encounter is a real yawner.

Come on tell us another "Kroger" story.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
I've never had one little tiny bit of trouble OC'in in Conyers, either. I know you did have that one phone call that time, but glad to hear everything went smoothly.

I really like what I'm seeing out of Conyers and Rockdale. :righton:

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
EJR914 said:
I've never had one little tiny bit of trouble OC'in in Conyers, either. I know you did have that one phone call that time, but glad to hear everything went smoothly.

Don't lie... when you met me here you bladed off at a 45* angle screaming AM I FREE TO GO!!! AM I FREE TO GO!!!! :mrgreen:

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
MesaCranker said:
EJR914 said:

Don't lie... when you met me here you bladed off at a 45* angle screaming AM I FREE TO GO!!! AM I FREE TO GO!!!! :mrgreen:
Ok, ok, after drooling over your car for a minute, :love: :love: :love: I admit, I did blade of at a 45* screaming AM I FREE TO GO!?!?!?!? And then that was when you slammed me against the car, took my pistol out of my holster and pistol whipped me silly with it. I got it all on video. :shattered:

And then after all that you just gave me a really great deal on some ammo. It was really weird.

Yeah, the next time MesaCranker posts a ridiculously good deal in the B/S/T forum, its really just an ambush so he can meet lawful carriers and man-handle them. :lol: :mrgreen:

Nah, in all honesty, MesaCranker is one of the nicest guys I've ever met. If I ever have to call 911 in his AO for any reason, I hope he is the first one on the scene. Just a top notch LEO. Like I said, good things going on in his department. :righton:

·
Registered
1,771 Posts
MesaCranker said:
RecoveringYankee said:
Per capita, the most heavily armed and safest place in all of Rockdale County.
Donna Marie's or Tavas?
Local names I am afraid I am not familiar with. I take it they are LEO hangouts? Even so, 100% of the customers are armed? It's a California nightmare. :panic:

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
RecoveringYankee said:
MesaCranker said:
RecoveringYankee said:
Per capita, the most heavily armed and safest place in all of Rockdale County.
Donna Marie's or Tavas?
Local names I am afraid I am not familiar with. I take it they are LEO hangouts? Even so, 100% of the customers are armed? It's a California nightmare. :panic:
Donna Marie's is a common LEO lunch spot. I figured Tavas because it is down there where you start getting away from suburbia. Haven't been to Roly Poly in a long while. Might have to swing by!

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
MesaCranker said:
Haven't been to Roly Poly in a long while. Might have to swing by!
Mesa - FYI, we won't be at RP tomorrow. A couple of us will be having a top secret meeting with your boss at an undisclosed location tomorrow. If all goes well (and I expect it to) good things will come from this meeting.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts