Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably the 3rd time I have posted a "non-encounter" post. Kind of torn as to if I should keep posting these, so let me know your feelings, but I am posting this to kind of equal out the stories we all hear about negative encounters.

I went in to Wachovia/Wells Fargo to inquire as to why I have not received my new WF card. Although I OC often, IMHO OC in a bank, although legal, can cause more issues than the good that can come from it, so I cover up when I enter a bank as I did in this case. I walked in and saw what I assumed was a detective as he was plain clothes (business dress) with his badge, firearm and handcuffs. I walk up to the teller to tell them why I am there. They tell me to have a seat and wait for another emp to help. I walk over to their waiting area, right next to the officer and have a seat. Although I covered up my firearm, anyone with half a brain could tell I was carrying. I have a seat and the officer asks me if I was a police officer. I say "no, but I have a license". He never asked to see it, nor did he seemed surprised or nervous or anything else for that matter. We have a brief conversation to which he says that he is all for citizens carrying as they cant be everywhere all the time. I tell him I hope to god I never have to use it, but its better to have and not need, then to need and not have. He says maybe one day, I could help out another citizen in need. The manager walks up to the officer to give him a security tape about the same time that another emp takes me into his office to help me with my issue. I kind of expected that when I got done, and left the bank, he would be waiting outside. (in case I was a loone and was going to rob the bank or something, who knows) Anway, I am done, leave the bank and he is nowhere to be found.

GOOD FEELING

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Wachovia is the most anti bank there is. You have to cover if you want to use them. They freak out and I think even closed someones account for carrying into their bank. Do a search for wachovia on here. As far as the encounter, that's great. I don't post all my non encounters but some to even out the bad ones is good.

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
I enjoy reading about non-encounters. It's a nice reminder that they're not all bad.

·
16,485 Posts
patrick4588 said:
Wachovia is the most anti bank there is. You have to cover if you want to use them. They freak out and I think even closed someones account for carrying into their bank. Do a search for wachovia on here. As far as the encounter, that's great. I don't post all my non encounters but some to even out the bad ones is good.
I've never had a problem with OC in Wachovia.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,520 Posts
Glock23-4-Me said:
This is probably the 3rd time I have posted a "non-encounter" post. Kind of torn as to if I should keep posting these, so let me know your feelings, but I am posting this to kind of equal out the stories we all hear about negative encounters.
Please keep posting them. :righton:

·
Molon Labe
253 Posts
Glock23-4-Me said:
Please keep posting!

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
I too, used to say I had no problems with Wachovia. But the day one of their people told me "next time, you can't wear a firearm in here" I closed the account that very day and took my money across the street.
I still chuckle every time I remember the guy asking "Umm... do you want to close your savings account too? There's a sizable amount in there."
I just looked at him and let him figure out the reason why I was taking my money out in the first place.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
How's Wells Fargo with OC'ing?

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
Most banks don't care much about the little guys, don't make a whole lot of money off of us. The ones they actually care about are businesses (unless my econ prof lied to me)

·
Registered
206 Posts
I agree, keep posting them. I enjoy reading the good and the bad. To date, I have not had an encounter, but it's nice to "study up" for the day when it does happen.

·
Paratrooper
609 Posts
Quest50 said:
Most banks don't care much about the little guys, don't make a whole lot of money off of us. The ones they actually care about are businesses (unless my econ prof lied to me)
He did, they only care about big businesses. Chase cared less than a damn when I moved my accounts out of their cesspool into Delta CU.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Northwest Credit Union in Rome, never an issue OC in there. Of course they know you by name and have your info pulled up when you walk in the door!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
Keep posting them, man. If people don't want to read the non-encounters, they don't have to click on them.

Glad to hear it. I've heard this from several officers as well. Keep up the good work. :righton:

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
We left Wells/Wachovia after about 15 years last month. They kept charging us all sorts of new fees after the Wells transition - removing them every month, promising not to charge them again, and then charging them. In addition, some accounts remained Wachovia and others became Wells, which made online banking a pain - until they charged a fee to transfer money between two accounts that, under Wachovia, had previously been linked.

They didn't seem to mind at all when we left. Good luck to them.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I find the "non-event" posts of "hey, I CC'd at the airport and nobody noticed!" to be absolutely idiotic (and there's a LOT of those types of posts), but this one was pretty decent and I don't feel my time was wasted on it.

Hope that helps. :righton:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keep posting non-encounters. I like hearing about non-encounters in areas near me especially. I live in Jefferson and often find myself in Winder.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts