Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
Black out your face with camo, insert a knife between your teeth, slither in through an open window, and quietly slit the power cord.
The thought has crossed my mind. I'll more than likely just cut his Comcast cord.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
zephyr57 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
Black out your face with camo, insert a knife between your teeth, slither in through an open window, and quietly slit the power cord.
The thought has crossed my mind. I'll more than likely just cut his Comcast cord.
I hope you are joking and I am sure MP was. Do not do anything to get yourself in trouble with the law. No more visits to his door where you can get in a shouting match. Get the HOA involved. Call the police every single time they go past the noise curfew. Contact your local representative and try to get them to change the noise violation law to something before midnight, as midnight is simply excessive. Additionally you need to take a look at the noise statute as sometimes there are provisions for a noise violation no matter the time of day if the noise is easily heard a specific distance from the stereo (could be 50ft or more). And lastly you might want to look at what you would have to have to have standing to sue them in court for violating your rights of quiet enjoyment of your property.

·
GPDO Supporter
3,508 Posts
find a local group of youngsters that are aspiring musical artists and let them setup at your place and jam. drums and guitars!!! try to find some punk or metalheads :shock:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thorsen said:
zephyr57 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
I hope you are joking and I am sure MP was.
Yeah I'm joking. I'd hate to accidentally cut my own Comcast cord.

And yes, I am going to look into how to change that ordinance. Anyone here know someone in Cherokee County who can pull some strings?

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
zephyr57 said:
Thorsen said:
zephyr57 said:
Malum Prohibitum said:
I hope you are joking and I am sure MP was.
Yeah I'm joking. I'd hate to accidentally cut my own Comcast cord.

And yes, I am going to look into how to change that ordinance. Anyone here know someone in Cherokee County who can pull some strings?
Just call your county commissioner and talk with him or her. I speak to mine fairly regularly about things I either like or dislike.

I don't know how Cherokee is set up, but if you have a chairman of the county commission, you might want to talk to them as well. Have all your facts in hand. Explain your situation. And then tell them what you would like them to do for you, namely change the noise ordinances to something before midnight, a distance limitation on stereo playing (for example you can hear it 50ft from the source), or both. By just talking to your county commissioner you might find out that there is already an ordinance in place that can handle this situation.

You might also invite your commissioner over to your home for dinner so that he or she can get a first hand experience as to what you are talking about. My commissioner lives just down the road from me, and I know he would come over for dinner if asked.

Local officials are the closest to the people and will respond to your concerns. If they don't .... well then you either run for their job or help someone else run for their job.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Not sure if this will help, but it worked for me before.

Give 'em a noise war.

I once had some neighbors who started throwing loud parties. My upstairs neighbor was the landlord's mother, and the same landlord also owned the noisy neighbor's house. He'd spoken to them about the noise but they were hardheaded. So one night round about midnight or so, they've got the music turned up way too loud, keeping us awake. Landlord's mom calls me and I say come on down, we're gonna fight back.

She comes down, helps me move my speakers into the windows facing the offender's house, and we proceeded to give them a retaliatory strike of Judas Priest. Nothing like Rob Halford's vocals combined with screaming guitars to send a forceful message to rap fans. It's like kryptonite. Didn't even make it thru 'Screaming for Vengeance' before they got the message and started behaving more considerately.

·
Registered
8,421 Posts
Invite the HOA board over for dinner. Make friends. Be patient. Work with the neighbors to coordinate the phone calls to the police and animal control when they violate the laws.

If you make friends in the HOA, they will run them off because those kinds of fights get prohibitively expensive fast.

Something else you should do is try and determine if they are paying the mortgage or just the rent. If it is a new neighborhood, new landlords really don't like to hear about wild parties and the place getting trashed all the time. If they are renters, you will have more leverage with the HOA.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
dont let CC tell you they cant do anything. i was in a band that practiced out that way and 12pm the cops shut us down for the day. so what i suggest to you is call the police the next time it happens. if they dont come out break out a camcorder and do a "vlog " ( video blog ). do not shoot they're home becuz you could be charged with peeping tom. simply start recording inside and talkin about the problem then get quit and let the camera hear then walk out with the camera still on you. invest in some ear plugs. ken stanton on town lake probly has some for .50 a pack.

oh be sure to take the tape to the cop shop ( police department ) and let them view it.

if all else fails a flameing bag of doggy doodie might do the trick ( by the way that is a joke )

·
Banned
1 Posts
I bought a townehome in Woodstock about 2 months ago. The first night there, neighbors tell us they are having people over and if they get too loud to let them... so when they got loud, we told them. We couldn't hear their music at all, but what we did hear is their bass. It'll give you a headache. But no big deal, they turned it down that night.

About a week later, again, same issue... the bass. We informed them, nicely, that its not their music or TV volume, its their bass. They turned it down. That next week, the guy made comments about us being nitpicky to my wife in a not so nice tone while I wasn't home. She ignored him and let it be.

For the next couple weeks it wasn't all too bad.. we could hear it here and there throughout the day, but nothing insane. The girl/wife that lives there asked my wife about it and my wife mentioned that yes, we could still hear it and suggested that maybe the bass just be turned off. It was woken up our baby multiple times and has given us a couple headaches... and again, the guy/husband that lives there makes a rude comment to my wife about it in sort of an aggressive tone so my wife ends the conversation and goes back into our house.

Well, about 2 nights ago they have people over and could hear it in our living room vaguely, but wasnt a problem, we didn't want to be too nitpicky, it was a Friday night afterall. That was relatively early in the night.. then from about 10pm - midnight, it got progressively louder and louder. Very apparently that the more they drank, the less they cared. So it ticked me off, but I was still going to be nice about it.. so I went over there to ask them if they could turn it down, afterall, its midnight. The girl answered the door and I told her the problem. She tries to wonder if its because their windows are open and if our windows are open. I told her that wasn't the problem... its not the noise that bugs us because we can't even hear it. Its the bass. She then asks her husband if anything could be done about it. I hear him sigh a bit loudly then start to spout off "You know! This is starting to get ridiculous" .... as if I were the one interfering with his peace and quiet.

At that point, I couldnt control myself and we got into a shouting match. Probably not a good idea, but I had to let them know what I thought about their arrogant and inconsiderate attitudes of theirs. After a while into the shouting match I thought it would be best that I just leave, but I really wanted to hit the guy or something. Also, he never seemed to even want to come to his own door to talk, he just stood safely in the back corner of his house. So I left and steamed on it for a couple hours.

The next morning, we wake up to find eggs in our front yard.. obviously thrown from the direction of their house. We call the police to file a report. We just wanted it on record incase anything else were to happen between us. The cop gave us a few suggestions to handle the situation (mainly contact HOA) and mentioned that Cherokee County has a 12midnight noise ordinance. Seems a bit late to me, but the HOA covenant should have something else about noise. He mentions something about disturbing the peace law and whatnot but nothing with any advice as far as legal action. So we thank him for listening and filing a report and go about our business. That day was good.. not a whole lot coming from their place.

The next day (today) however, diff story. After I left for work around mid day, my wife says that she started to hear the bass again thru the walls.. and it just went on and on. I told her to not go over there and to just call the police. She said she wasn't going to worry about it at that time anyways because she was going to church just then. She walked outside to the car and noticed a sheet of paper on their front door saying "PLEASE READ BEFORE YOU KNOCK...etc" and she said it cited some law or HOA ordinance about knocking on doors or disturbing neighbors.. nto sure, she didnt take a picture and didn't remember a whole lot of what it said. Basically addressed to us.

Well, she gets back from church and still hears the bass (7pm-ish) and not too long after, sees them drive into their driveway. They weren't even freakin home all day... but left the music on anyways.

So, I ask you legal guru's.... what should I do? what CAN I do?

We are going to contact the HOA tomorrow...and management company runs our HOA for right now while the community is being built and will be handed to the residents when complete.

These neighbors also have many complaints against them concernign their two large dogs (Boxers i believe) running around w/o leashes. So we're going to get more neighbors to call in complaints about that.

But honestly, a few fines from the HOA probably won't stop them. My wife fears them both over there... the guy has anger problems and the girl is bipolar (admitted this to my wife).
Piss off enjoy the bass Karen

·
Registered
13,935 Posts

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
So our former police officer recommends B&E as a solution??!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,062 Posts
You are sneakier than that. And you cannot hide your sneakiness. And I am sneakier than you so I can detect it.

Sound good?

Nemo

·
Registered
13,935 Posts
How do you know that wasn't me?
Because Nemo has admitted that he's sneakier than you therefore Nemo is Noisy neighbor. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. 😁

·
Cross-drawer
7,140 Posts
What kind of bass are we talking about here, large mouth, small mouth, bass that aren't bass like red drum?

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,062 Posts
Maybe a bass guitar, fiddle or (noisy thing, not fish) drum?

Nemo

21 - 40 of 41 Posts