Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the passing of SB308, I'm not sure how they can enforce this. Isn't your car pretty much the same thing as your home....so I can't have a firearm in my "home'

·
Registered
8,418 Posts
Re: Is this legal or enforceable

Their property, their rules. They can ask you to leave for not following their rules (or almost any other reason). It is trespass if you don't leave when asked.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts

45_Fan said:
Their property, their rules. They can ask you to leave for not following their rules (or almost any other reason). It is trespass if you don't leave when asked.
This is correct.

Also, you car is not necessarily the same as your home.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts

45_Fan said:
I think the OP's problem lies with the "parking lot" part. They must be high on something if they think they can enforce it or search my car for a weapon.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts

My 5 year old wanted her birthday there...I carried my Kimber Ultra Raptor at 2:30 with a T-Shirt over it....no one noticed.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

AirCrew said:
My 5 year old wanted her birthday there...I carried my Kimber Ultra Raptor at 2:30 with a T-Shirt over it....no one noticed.
:righton:

Worst case senerio, they ask me to leave...

·
Registered
847 Posts

Adam5 said:
45_Fan said:
This is correct.

The law that covers the defense of your 'dwelling' includes your automobile in the definition of 'dwelling.'

But that's specific to the law regarding defending your dwelling and nothing more.

If that statements seems overly obvious or overly specific and you have no idea how that applies to real life, that explains why a person must go through many years of schooling to become a lawyer.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,894 Posts

Adam5 said:
45_Fan said:
This is correct.

+1 I think you would be ok to leave the firearm in the car, in the parking lot, but maybe they are saying, you step out of your property, onto the parking lot, and then that is not allowed.

I don't see Chucky Cheese searching cars for weapons anytime soon.

Plus, if they ask you to leave at any point, walk as quickly to your car as you can, and leave in an orderly manner.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,102 Posts

PT 140 Dad, it sounds like your post was split-off from some other thread and used to begin a new thread here.

Can you edit your post to give us some background about what you're talking about?
Where would you like to have a gun and who is saying you can't and what business or govenment agency do they represent?

Thanks.

P.S. Your car is NOT pretty much the same as your home in the eyes of the law.
Unless you take the wheels off, put it up on blocks, and live in it.

·
Registered
670 Posts

A "no weapons of any type" policy is often construed to ban pepper spray. According to that sign, a woman could not bring a small pepper spray in her purse.

·
Registered
847 Posts

gunsmoker said:
... P.S. Your car is NOT pretty much the same as your home in the eyes of the law.
Unless you take the wheels off, put it up on blocks, and live in it.
This is the SPECIFIC application in which the law equates your car to your home: (i used the term 'dwelling' but it's actually 'habitation')
O.C.G.A. § 16-3-24.1 said:
O.C.G.A. § 16-3-24.1
Habitation and personal property defined

As used in Code Sections 16-3-23 and 16-3-24, the term "habitation" means any dwelling, motor vehicle, or place of business, and "personal property" means personal property other than a motor vehicle.

·
Registered
4,414 Posts

No weapons of any kind? How do they cut the pizza if they have no KNIVES?

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
:-$ Whatever you do don't tell them their sign has no legal weight. :wink:

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts

EJR914 said:
I think you would be ok to leave the firearm in the car, in the parking lot, but maybe they are saying, you step out of your property, onto the parking lot, and then that is not allowed.
This.

Of course, if anything happens on their property as a result of disarming you, well... "asserting the authority without assuming the concomitant responsibility" never works.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts