Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
There isn't a "used for education" requirement for colleges like there is for K-12, right? So technically non-public roads are off-limits then at least when not in a vehicle, right? Or for instance Emory's mixed-use development across from the CDC? I don't think the apartments above are exclusively for students, but the complex is definitely owned by Emory University according to the Dekalb Property records. What about something the university operates, but doesn't necessarily lease? Dekalb Hospital is now operated by Emory, but owned by the "Dekalb Hospital Authority" so it doesn't sound like Emory leases it, in fact I believe Dekalb pays Emory to operate it.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,019 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,019 Posts
Nope, just like open carry.

Nemo

·
68,510 Posts
There isn't a "used for education" requirement for colleges like there is for K-12, right? So technically non-public roads are off-limits then at least when not in a vehicle, right? Or for instance Emory's mixed-use development across from the CDC? I don't think the apartments above are exclusively for students, but the complex is definitely owned by Emory University according to the Dekalb Property records. What about something the university operates, but doesn't necessarily lease? Dekalb Hospital is now operated by Emory, but owned by the "Dekalb Hospital Authority" so it doesn't sound like Emory leases it, in fact I believe Dekalb pays Emory to operate it.
Technically illegal under the statute, since Emory is a private university and, as you stated, there is no "used for education" qualifier in the statute, but I think the Georgia statute fails for directly violating Heller, even the far left interpretation of Heller, in the case of apartments.

Reactions: Clark

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,894 Posts
I would be furious to have some grown man climbing on my gates / fence. Have entirely to much money invested in fencing to have people climbing on it which does do damage.

If the gate is closed stay out. If the gate is closed it is likely live and you will get shocked.
Well said.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts