Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
41 - 42 of 42 Posts

· Read Only
45,177 Posts
TippinTaco said:
Amen bro!! If they can substain their units on city taxes alone, then they need to cut spending else where. this sounds to me many many years ago they decided to lower everyones taxes by implementing this Pay system scheme. More than likely a politician promise to lower taxes and this was his bright idea.
Hammer, meet nail head.

· Registered
601 Posts
TippinTaco said:
gruntpain1775 said:
NOW JUST TO PLAY DEVILS ADVOCATE

What if the above were a call for a intruder into his home, raping his wife and about to murder them, but he didn't pay a $75 police fee.

Or if he was having a heart attack next to the ambulance and EMT's but he didn't pay his $75 EMS Fee. Would it be ok for them to just sit and watch?
I love how ya did that and I'm excited to see the answer. If you dont mind for a a second let me twist off yours a little and make another identical point:

Say your wife has an heart attack, you call 911 and they look you up on the list and respond:

Sorry sir but you didnt pay your 911 tax this year. Theres nothing we can do for your wife. Thats case one. Then you decide you will rush her to the hospital that receives count and state funding. You rush her in and its obvious your wife is barely hanging on, when seconds matter this could be the meaning of life and death for your wife. The doctor comes out, sorry sir, but you didn't pay taxes this year, we're going to have to let her die and I've already made my people stand down. So while your wife is dying in your arms the emergency ER staff all gather around with the fibulator, medical equipment, medical bed, and the other tools that would instantly put your wife back on recovery... But yet you forgot or in your opinion DECIDED to not pay the bill because nothing bad had happened. Some jobs in this world, matter no matter if you paid or not. Fire Fighters, Doctors, Police. These services are meant for rescue and emergencies. No one at any time should ever be denied the service that they provide, ESPECIALLY for $75... No he shouldnt have ignored the bill, but they shouldnt have let his house burn while standing on the curb in front of it either..
Why not? In both cases? In fact, it is because of your second scenario that so many hospitals in the border states, or those with high populations of uninsured, are struggling for funding. People too cheap/stupid/criminal to pay for insurance go in, demand services (most of the time for conditions that could have been avoided with a little better regular care) and then up and walk away and don't pay. Then you and I, Joe Taxpayer, are either footed with the bill for their care OR the Hospital has to eat it in their budget. In your scenario and the actual story, stupid decisions lead to tragedy for the individuals involved. I guarantee you that Mr. Cranick will now pay for Fire Service at his first opportunity. If he doesn't then he deserves to see yet another home burn down. Even short term "cost savings" by not paying for the service is going to be trumped by an increased home owners insurance premium and the cost to replace everything lost.

Sorry, but I'm of the firm opinion that stupidity should be it's own reward. If you don't pay for Fire service, health coverage, or whatever else you want to pick, you should bear the responsibility of that decision all the way. If that means someone you love dies, so sorry. Maybe next time you'll choose a little more wisely.

41 - 42 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.