No more quick renewals?

Discussion in 'GA Laws and Politics' started by frank, Aug 2, 2006.

1. frank

frank New Member

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

3. atlctyslkr

atlctyslkr Guest

For someone who never had it quick in the first place I won't notice a difference. Fulton always took a long time and treated you like a new applicant.

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

I should add that I think they went a bit too far, fingerprints every 5 years is just stupid (other than your right index finger for the License). Simply having the local agency perform a NICS check would have been enough.

Does anybody know if your prints that were submitted with the GFL app are kept on record by the GBI? Not that I plan to go rob someone and don't want to be caught (I wear gloves), its that to require reprinting when the prints are already stored and would therefore be referenced to every new crime print that the GCIC is searched for and it would mean that the reprinting is not needed at an added burden to an already overworked GBI print department.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Has anyone run into any problems with the new law? Like not receiving your temporary 90 day license when you requested it at the time of application for a renewal license?

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member