No More Force?

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Sep 16, 2005.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Unfortunately, I do not know how to post the video link from ABC News, but click on this link http://www.gunowners.org/notb.htm
    and select Video: Citizens Handcuffed and Forced to Give Up Arms

Watch police and National Guard point full auto weapons at people without using force! Watch them kick in doors without using force! Watch them handcuff the residents of immaculate white columned mansions without using force!

More importantly, listen to the National Guard troops themselves describe how they are uncomfortable doing this in America . . . but if an American citizen pops out . . .

So, you will shoot an American?

Yes.

Watch how not one trooper said no, I will not follow these orders . . .

Watch the video.

2. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

That's why I think the individual LEO's, gardsmen and anyone else who follow an illegal order should face criminal charges as well as civil charges from the citizens who rights were violated. They are just as accountable as those who issued the order in the first place. If you bring up the individuals on charges for following the order it will not happen again.

Now we just need the help from the NRA, GOA, RKBA and all of the large national organizations to go to bat in combination with all of the state org's and press this issue.

Any suggestions on how to get this started?

3. ber950

ber950 Active Member

Looks like we need to add a new section to our bill. I think there was a suggestion posted earlier.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Actually, the emergency powers section has been in it from the beginning (or nearly so). This is something that should bother freedom loving Georgians even in peaceful times . . .

5. Malum Prohibitum

SB 544 http://www.legis.state.ga.us/legis/2005 ... /sb554.htm
    is a direct copy of that original proposal that was on the old GFODL web site some time ago. :woohoo:

Come on guys, if SB 544 is not something you can get behind, then there is no legislation in this State that you can get behind.

We need some strong Republican support for this bill. The reality is that the Republican party is the majority party, and if you want this bill to become law, then it needs to have Republican support. Senator Powell is well intentioned, and I am grateful to him for having the courage to introduce a bill limiting the executive power, but the reality is that the Democrats cannot make it happen.

If you are having trouble deciding whether to actually do anything other than post something on this board: watch the video again. This is not the video of the old lady, but rather the one that shows homeonwers handcuffed and sitting on the sidewalk out in front of their undamaged (and very nice) houses with government people pointing machine guns at them while going through their homes searching for and confiscating weapons.

Listen carefully to the American soldier at the end who responds affirmatively to the reporter's question regarding whether he would shoot Americans. This is in the context of seizing weapons, not looking for looters.

Want this to happen in Georgia?

Watch the video again and then decide whether you will do anything other than post here about it.

Posting here is like preaching to the choir. I would like to hear from you here, but that alone will accomplish nothing. Instead, let me know what you are going to do about it.

This bill should be a no brainer.

6. thebugman

thebugman New Member

The problem is prooving that they should have known what they were doing is illegal. They obviously knew what they were doing didn't feel right, but as far as illegal, it's hard to know when your a private/seargant etc... Not even the LEO's, Mayor etc.. realized they were violating our rights.

That said puttin Nagen, and his cronies on trial would make a statement. If they actually got prosecuted it would make a bigger statement.

There were two other videos on that page. Did anyone watch them? What viewer did you choose? Only the first on of the soldier saying yes started up right away using quicktime. Nothing else started.

7. Malum Prohibitum

Windows Media Player.

8. Malum Prohibitum

Real Player for the Napolitano comments.

And - you already watched the one with the old lady being dogpiled.

9. Sharky

Sharky New Member

Definitely will email my local contacts to support it. There is no way in hell I would give up my weapons. Wherever I had to hide them I would. Just to make sure I still had mine!

10. Malum Prohibitum