Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to new range on Pleasantdale road yesterday. Walked upto the door, saw sign said no lodeded gun beyond this point. Went back to my car and left.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I always want to ask how you can use the range with an unloaded gun. I noticed a sign like that at Pannell's. Yet another reason I don't go there.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
I've seen enough people do stupid things in gun stores and ranges that it no longer bothers me to see signs like that. I fully understand why they don't want loaded guns in the store.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Most ranges post a similar statement. It's a safety precaution, there are lots of firearms being handled.

There's a good chance it's an insurance or local gov't requirement, why punish the owner for things he can't control?

Use the gray matter between your ears, harden up, and exercise some common sense. It's not like they are personally insulting you.

If it stays holstered, and especially if concealed, there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I agree, every store I've gone to in this area has a similar sign. I assume it's an insurance thing and even if not, I just leave it in the car and do my shopping or carry in my case with mag removed and shot.

·
GeePeeDoHolic
6,404 Posts
When we went in the first time, we unloaded as a courtesy, then asked them if the sign applied to carry weapons.

They said loaded carry weapons are ok. The sign is meant for the people who don't know what they're doing.

Personally, I just don't see what is so hard about wording a sign to mean what you want, if that's what you want.

The one at Bullseye says something like "Loaded weapons must stay in a holster or case." Short and right on point.

Or better, "Absolutely !NO! handling of loaded weapons except at the firing line."

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Rugerer said:
They said loaded carry weapons are ok. The sign is meant for the people who don't know what they're doing.

Personally, I just don't see what is so hard about wording a sign to mean what you want, if that's what you want.
Agreed. One of the reasons I like Bullseye in Lawrenceville. I always hope your first statement is correct, cause if I really need to go into that particular store (they have something in stock no one else does locally), I ignore the signs--especially when I have no reason to expose my weapon while inside. On the other hand, if they really want to ask me to leave for carrying, I don't mind taking my business elsewhere. :)

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Just to clarify, I'm not bashing the store I mentioned. I've just never been impressed with it.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Rugerer said:
When we went in the first time, we unloaded as a courtesy, then asked them if the sign applied to carry weapons.

The one at Bullseye says something like "Loaded weapons must stay in a holster or case." Short and right on point.

Or better, "Absolutely !NO! handling of loaded weapons except at the firing line."
Ditto, the day myself and Rugerer went in to check out the place, we did unload and lock slides back as we walked into the place. They told us that as long as our guns stayed holstered, they were good with us having loaded weapons.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Adam5 said:
I've seen enough people do stupid things in gun stores and ranges that it no longer bothers me to see signs like that. I fully understand why they don't want loaded guns in the store.
+1, I was in pannells shopping when a couple came in, guy pulled a stainless handgun from his pocket and pointed it at my face unknowingly as he tried to stuff it in a holster. :cantsay:

so i can see why they would have signs like that....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts