"No Firearms" sign on BB&T bank

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by gsusnake, Jun 17, 2007.

1. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

I walked in to the big BB&T in Gainesville, near the square, carrying concealed, and noticed the sign.

I promptly turned to find the manager's office, asked him if it was official corporate policy that firearms are totally off-limits there, and he said, "Yup."

I said, "OK, I'm going to go put mine in the car, then I'll be back in to close my accounts. I want everything in cash and I want it when I come back in." gave him my info, and went out to the car.

Came back in and the guy was trying to figure out how to keep my business... I walked out with over $4,000 in cash in my pockets (good thing I was armed!).

Called Wachovia, they don't have any problem with concealed (no open) and I went in and deposited my cash, after a quick word with the manager to thank him for gun-friendly policies.

2. Macktee

Macktee New Member

As they say in Australia, "Good on you mate!"

Thanks for send them the message.

3. Wiley

Wiley New Member

Don't get too excited by Wachovia. Top management is the old First Union and very anti self defense.

And yes, I'm a walkoverya customer.

4. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:righton: Nice. I really don't know what BoA's policy is. I never deal with a real branch. The only thing in Statesboro is the ATM and I can do deposits and what have you from there. I have been to real branches occasionally, but never noticed any signs.

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

6. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Get Bank of America.

No signs and the ladies at my branch don't mind open carry!

7. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I use a locally owned bank, and seeing that the owner and my father are old Army buddies, I doubt I'd ever have a problem there.

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Sweet.

9. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

The manager at the one in the Boro told me on the phone it's OK, he'd just prefer I concealed. Fine with me.

I use USAA for most of my banking anyway (all you retired military folks can vouch for their excellent services, I'm sure) and just basically wanted a local branch for making deposits and having a safe deposit box.

10. curtdiss

curtdiss Member

About 2 or so years ago I got a 2nd mortgage from BB&T. I did not see a no firearms sign then...had a G27 in my ankle holster the whole time of signing the papers etc...

I guess they have changed things since then...

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I know gsusnake said it was BB&T's corporate policy, but maybe it's selectively enforced by branch managers?

12. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Local Wachovia branch has a revolver with a circle/slash thru it... doesn't concern me since I carry an auto. :D

13. Dan H

Dan H New Member

That might be the only good thing about BofA, they suck otherwise...

14. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

:lol:

15. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Why's that?

16. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

i understand they are allowing "undocumented workers" to open accounts and wire money (just under the monthly reportable threshold) back to mexico.

17. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

That's not all. They are also giving them credit cards.

18. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

So when I get a P7, I'll be good forever, since none of those designs have a squeezecocker! Woo!

19. tony218

tony218 New Member

i heard that BOA is arab owned. not sure where i heard that.

20. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

The only time in my life that I have ever bounced a check was when using a BoA account when I was in college. mrs38 (then fiance38) and I opened accounts at the BoA when we moved to Valdosta. I bounced checks with them twice, and both times it was because they took four days to credit a deposit to my account. The honored the checks by dinged my account big time. I was able to get it straightened out each time and get all of the fees refunded, but they then did the same thing to mrs38. So, I closed out both accounts and moved to a locally owned bank down there.

Back home I had always banked with the locally owned banks, and since my experiences with a big national chain I have taken the time to find a local bank wherever I have set up housekeeping. Using the local banks won't give you ATMs anywhere and everywhere from your bank, but the little fee is worth it to me to deal with something local. Plus, you can always go into a grocery and buy a pack of gum and get whatever cash back you need.