No electronic prints for my wife in Gwinnett.

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by thebugman, Feb 22, 2006.

1. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Well it seems like my wife will take a little longer to get her GFL than I did. Apparently the Electronic fingerprint couldn't read her prints on her left hand. So after 30 minutes of trying to get the electronic scanner to accept her prints, they finally gave up and went with ink.

So I guess she can expect ot get hers in 60-90 days instead of the two weeks I waited. We'll see.

Good news is my wife has all the paperwork done so it's just a waiting game now.

2. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Well it was in the mail on Saturday. April Fools day of all days. So in Gwinnett with Ink fingerprints it took from February 22 to April 1st. I would say compared to other counties 38 days is really good. Not as fast as mine with electronic, but much under the requirements. I have a lot of complaints about Gwinnett COunty Government, this just isn't one of them. :D

3. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Hey, this isn't an April Fools prank, is it? :sly:

4. thebugman

thebugman New Member

Actually that is why I posted on the 2nd. I didn't want anyone to think that. Funny you say that though, because when I handed it to her I said it was a lawsuit. :D It had the return address as the Probate Judge, so I figured I'd give it a go. She only half believed me.

5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Just to confirm -

Bugman, these are serious posts, and the timelines you have given for you (electronic) and your wife (ink) are real?

GS1 -
    I wonder if the kind lady at the probate court might be willing to share information about the process with us? Just enough to fill in some gaps in our knowledge . . .