No Charges for High School Student With Shotgun on Campus

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Malum Prohibitum, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

http://www.thenorthwestern.com/apps/pbc ... e=printart

2. fallison

fallison Guest

Better gun laws than ours in Wisconsin?
    That's just messed up!

3. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

When I was in High School, if you didn't have a shotgun in your car during hunting season it was the exception, not the rule, and that was in Michigan.

4. asbrand

asbrand Active Member

Reminds me of the student that got suspended / expelled (don't recall which) for having a butterknife in the bottom of a box of stuff (he'd been helping his grandmother move), locked in his trunk.

Zero Tolerance = Zero Intelligence

5. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

That's crazy... If they have to have a "no weapons policy", they can at least enforce it case-by-case so that Mr. butterknife doesn't get the same felony treatment as someone who attempted to shoot up the school.

6. Guest

Guest Guest

No no no no no ...

Mr. Butterknife is an escalating criminal who needs to be punished before it is too late. The poor soul who shot up the school is a poor guy trying to get his life straight and who just got exhausted from the oppression of his school aged peers. :roll:

7. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Oh ok. Thanks for the clarification.

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Nope. Zero tolerance pretty much ties the hands of the administrator. It stinks that you can't handle things like that on a case by case basis.

9. M249

M249 New Member

Zero Tolerance is for imbeciles who are unable to use their noggins.

Most of the ranch kids in my school had a rifle and a shotgun in the gun rack of their pickups as school.

I'm only 32.

10. zookeper

zookeper Active Member

it was ms. butterknife, a honor student that didn't get to participate in the graduation ceremony. . this was here in georgia maybe 2 years ago.

11. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

Maybe so....but that law is from the higher ups. However the administrators are the ones who catch flak over it. They have no other choice but to enforce it or lose their jobs. This is near and dear to me because I will be one of those "idiots" that you speak of in the next couple of years.

12. M249

M249 New Member

I didn't direct my comment at the administration or teachers. I'm well aware that there are six or seven teachers who still believe in freedom. ;)

13. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

No problem. I am one of those freedom loving teachers that you speak of! Working on my Masters in Administration.