Georgiapacking.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we not going to have a bill this year to clean up or remove any off limits places? We are more than halfway to crossover day. Are we waiting for the last minute again, so that legislators can hide under the cover of “We didn’t have time”?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Maybe if they wait until the last minute, then the GeorgiaCarry-endorsed chair of the Senate Rules Committe, Jeff Mullis, will hold it back from consideration, like he did with SB224.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
27,997 Posts
Based on the election results in November and the runoff in January, I'd say that the political climate in Georgia is against pushing forward any conservative agenda items-- like expanding gun carry.

·
Sledgehammer
4,689 Posts
Are we not going to have a bill this year to clean up or remove any off limits places? We are more than halfway to crossover day. Are we waiting for the last minute again, so that legislators can hide under the cover of "We didn't have time"?
I expect there to be one or more positive bills this year.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,361 Posts
Based on the election results in November and the runoff in January, I'd say that the political climate in Georgia is against pushing forward any conservative agenda items-- like expanding gun carry.
Against conservative agendas with a majority in both Houses and the Governorship? I'd say if the runoff was a problem then they'd want to get as many conservative agendas as they can while they can.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,694 Posts
Being less cowardly would thicken the skin on their feet so the egg shells could just be crushed.

You would think, but I bet they continue to walk on egg shells.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Maybe if they wait until the last minute, then the GeorgiaCarry-endorsed chair of the Senate Rules Committe, Jeff Mullis, will hold it back from consideration, like he did with SB224.
No doubt! Just as my state Rep. Alan Powell, Dist. 32, Hartwell, did when he was Chairman Public Safety Committee, with Constitutional Carry, a couple of years ago!

·
Registered
8,328 Posts
No doubt! Just as my state Rep. Alan Powell, Dist. 32, Hartwell, did when he was Chairman Public Safety Committee, with Constitutional Carry, a couple of years ago!
To be fair, the sponsor of that particular bill was grandstanding after picking fights with people that were needed as allies to ensure passage. Additionally, the sponsor took almost zero effort to move their own bill or collect a viable cadre of cosponsors. Further, the so-called “pro 2A” organization behind that bill has managed to kill more pro-2A bills in the Georgia legislature than all of Bloomberg’s astroturf campaigns put together.

Maybe stick around and help out and we can gain some more ground this year!

·
Senior Mumbler
6,361 Posts
I think the site redesign came at the worst possible time. It should of come before or after we were in session. Coming at the current time as it has makes it very hard to keep up with all the threads that were already going (such as this one) on the bills and info we need to keep up with.

·
Swollen Member
11,886 Posts
Switch over to:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts