Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Read and decide for yourself. Click link and read the rest, thats the important part. Watch the video also.

Nemo

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/bethb...rumors-surrounding-the-ammo-shortage-n2581884

Here's What America's Largest Ammo Manufacturer Has to Say About the Shortage
Beth Baumann | @eb454 | Posted: Dec 20, 2020 8:05 PM

All across the country, millions of Americans are on the hunt for ammunition, either for self-defense, target practice, shooting sports or hunting. Sporting goods stores and small mom and pop businesses have had to severely limit how many rounds of ammo a person can buy at one time. Some have even went so far as to limit ammo solely to those who are purchasing a new firearm because of the shortage.

Rumors have swirled through the Second Amendment community, particularly online, about Vista Outdoors, the parent company of Federal, Remington, CCI, and Speer Ammunition. Some have said that Vista Outdoors has ceased manufacturing ammo all together while others have insisted the company is picking and choosing who to sell ammo to.

Vista Outdoors' President of Ammunition, Jason Vanderbrink, decided to address - and squash - the rumors once and for all.

"I am tired of all the hate mail. I am tired of people showing up at our factories. I'm tired of reading the misinformation out on the Internet right now about us not trying to service the demand that we're experiencing," Vanderbrink explained. "... After a year like right now, when we've hired hundreds of employees to support American manufacturing jobs, all I hear is that we're not making ammunition."

continued

·
69,729 Posts
Maybe it is time to gather capital and go into ammunition production.

Reactions: MSgt G

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Borrow $20 million to get equipment, parts and supplies and get going. I will handle marketing and shipping.

Nemo

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
You'd probably make more by starting a factory making primers.
They are bringing more than what reasonably priced 9mm ammo used to bring a year ago. I bought some boxes of 1k just like this earlier this year for 30.00 each + tax locally.
Product Font Material property Screenshot Technology

Product Font Material property Screenshot Technology

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,438 Posts
Newspaper Publication News Font Material property

From GUNS & AMMO magazine,
October 2021.

Article about this latest ammunition shortage which has been going on more or less since the end of the Trump administration and the 2020 election season, made infinitely worse by the Covid crisis and the race riots by American communists and agitators like antifa and Black Lives Matter.

This G&A article says defense contract ammunition manufacturers are able to get components, and they're working at full production capacity making ammo, but the twin problems are
-1- number one the government is buying ammo in huge quantities, and they get a top priority additionally, and

-2-- it seems there is hoarding and reselling going on. People flipping ammo, and this is causing the store shelves to be empty.

But the point is there is no shortage of cartridges in the United States; it's just that a different type of people are buying these cartridges and they're no longer sitting on the sporting good stores shelves at normal prices waiting for ordinary hunters and casual shooters to buy them on a whim.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts